I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
My point is simply this:

"If you book multiple trips, pay deposits on them, and then go on the trips, you build up a rapport with the crew. That's what will pay off in the long run."

I have no issue with your point of view. It's actually a reasonable enough idea.

The time and place to take up the discussion is during the trip and with the captain. Not here. Especially if you think he was playing favorites. Chances are fair that other customers may have had the same question.

On the topic of pissing: Don't piss in a bowl of cheerios if you're not standing at the table.

Don't (or do) take what I said poorly. It was meant to offer a friendly suggestion.
I worked on boats throughout the 70's. So maybe I have some insight. We had quite a few regulars. Then again, a run to the Coronados was $24 and albacore trips were $36. sighs... Good times 😃

Reactions: Cubeye

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
My point is simply this:

"If you book multiple trips, pay deposits on them, and then go on the trips, you build up a rapport with the crew. That's what will pay off in the long run."

I have no issue with your point of view. It's actually a reasonable enough idea.

The time and place to take up the discussion is during the trip and with the captain. Not here. Especially if you think he was playing favorites. Chances are fair that other customers may have had the same question.

On the topic of pissing: Don't piss in a bowl of cheerios if you're not standing at the table.

Don't (or do) take what I said poorly. It was meant to offer a friendly suggestion.
I worked on boats throughout the 70's. So maybe I have some insight. We had quite a few regulars. Then again, a run to the Coronados was $24 and albacore trips were $36. sighs... Good times 😃
The Pacifica has many regular customers. They ride the boat several times during the season. They know the crew and of course they chit chat with them. Perhaps the OP's observations on "favorites" and BBF are not what he thinks?

Drawing numbers out of a hat and posting it seems to be a good idea. How many boats do that? I've heard of some boats that hand off the rod to the closest guy available when the strike occurs.

OP............did you catch? Or is this just a sour grapes report?

Reactions: Mtnfshr

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID
okay - to close my participation in this conversation

I wrote a legit post - hate on me if that makes anyone feel better

certainly pulling numbers out of a hat is a fair deal - what I was told by two crew members was happening - it didn't appear so to me

I doubt the capt or the owner give a rat's ass how I feel about their service - take it or leave it - I'm good w/ that

post edit:

>>> OP............did you catch? Or is this just a sour grapes report? ... Perhaps the OP's observations on "favorites" and BBF are not what he thinks?

Actually - Cubeye - I don't write sour grapes (or play the violin), and I presume you were not there to question my observations

after checking my pics - it even appeared one working crew member took the 300 pounder

had I known how the capt operated his kite lottery - I would have went on another boat - but tight lines to the people who got the BBF cows - that was some great fishing I will long remember

Last edited:
Reactions: RockHopperNCKA