Al
Boat
Salty AF
what is your booking strategy
wait last minute to see if it goes

i been cancelled and moved to an unfamiliar boat
not my ideal
I'm waiting on him really.

Cancelled on the Pacifica? Moved to what boat?

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID
...Cancelled on the Pacifica? Moved to what boat?
Sorry my bad writing, PACIFICA HAS NOT CANCELLED THEIR TRIP (to my knowledge) try this rewrite:

I've showed up to board on booked trips in past years only to be told the trip has been cancelled and the agent has moved me to another boat (if I wanted).

All the landing do that for any number of reasons, I get it...

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
anyone have feedback on Pacifica out of Seaforth Sportfishing

good 1.75 San Diego trip - what kind of fishing platform is it - crew and captain

thanks
I would say Jump on board the Pacifica....they have more rooms to fish if its not full. Capt. Andrew and the crew will try their Best to put you on fish and will extend their way just like the previous report...

Heck accidents happen no matter what.....remember the Boat with Sterling Maintenance and Routinely Passed USCG Safety Inspections? It lost all its paying passengers...

Heard about a guy who never woke up in his bunk aboard a Popular Boat down SD in one of their trip a couple of years ago?

The point is if its “Your Time, Its Your Time” No matter what...

Life is too Short to Worry so Enjoy while we can as YOLO!

Jump on board the PACIFICA and have a great time...TIGHT LINES!

Reactions: palella09

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
as of 11/4 to depart 11/6 one booked on the Pacifica - Condor still no bookings...

i wish my balls were bigger, i'd book on either of em

kzaam1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat
Jasmine
as of 11/4 to depart 11/6 one booked on the Pacifica - Condor still no bookings...

i wish my balls were bigger, i'd book on either of em
12 people are on the Condor so far for the 1.5 trip heading out on 11/8.

3 so far on the Pacifica for the 1.75 trip.

The Condor is probably a definite go at this time.

The Pacifica is a pretty awesome deal at $400 for a 1.75 trip! With the Bluefin and YFT at SCI only 5 hours away, you would get 2 days of sunset fishing!!!

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
looks like the condor (fishermanslanding) and pacifica (seaforth) dropped out of day boats this morning (none on the calendar for either landing)

IS THE WEATHER BAD - the bite looks good enough to place my bet

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
hmlanding Ocean Odyssey has a go trip 1.5 day for $405

and two boats listed with no signups yet (noon 11/06):
Old Glory (overnight) &
Producer (1.5 day)

DOES OO not suck?

I would really like to get out to night...

caballo del mar

May 4, 2004
San Diego,CA
Name
Doug
Boat
32' Amato cabin
Pacifica is a go on Friday for 1.75 days. They turned the last trip into a crew trip and are doing well.

Reactions: kimbo

Iron Rod

Im your Huckleberry!
Aug 14, 2012
Long beach
Name
Michael
Boat
All off them. Usually.
Jagermeister???
For the daily routine folks. It's more like Triple time at 365 every hour while you are sleeping . And it's thanks for your Taxes . I'll tack on another Hour on my shift as you sleep tight.

DPevin

Jul 4, 2016
Dana Point
Name
Evin
Boat
kayak
The boat is awesome. I feel like it handles swell a little better than the Aztec. Not sure if its wider or what, but feel like it doesnt roll as hard.

Andrew is the best. Great guy and great captain. He fishes hard but has fun. He has worked for some awesome operations.

The crew they have right now is top notch. Work hard and definitely know what they are doing.

I dont know if it means anything to you, but A LOT of the captains and crew from boats up north fish with them when they hit trips out of San Diego. Speaks a lot to me about their confidence in the Pacifica and its operation.

Just go when time/money allows and have fun but ve ready to fish hard.

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
ended up going on Ocean Odyssey
killed it limits (240) yellowfin, 24 anglers, 17 bluefin (50-60lb class)

BUT KEEPING AN EYE ON PACIFICA
they been consistently killing them

Pacifica Counts.jpg

Reactions: anemic

HBtunatime

Popper Man
May 31, 2019
HB
Name
Collin
Boat
12' Cobra Navigator XF; whatever else floats

fish4us

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 21, 2012
Escondido/CA/USA
Name
Susan Sloan
Boat
none
The captain and crew are great at finding fish and by all accounts customer service. Thats the upside. The downside is the owneraptain owned the prowler and the pacifica. One was in a crash and is totalled and the other ended up on the beach, both within a 1 year time frame. For the record the second captains were at the helm both times. So opinions on the boat vary
Forgot the important detail that passenger Richard Ness died aboard the Prowler in the collision.

Reactions: kevina and makairaa

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Good young Captain that finds fish. Jump on the trip and you’ll be happy with your choice

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
i tried 'pacifica' first before posting ... much too vague thats why asked
Captain has been known to come back with fish.
I have not fished it
Play your cards right though you may end up surf fishing too.

Reactions: rexor_rn
May 20, 2017
Huntington Beach
Name
Fish Monger
Boat
WFO
to depart Nov 6 Wednesday, right now Nov 3

Pacifica has 30 open spots (max load 30) 1.75 days $400

Condor has 28 open spots (max load 28) 1.5 days $365

looks like either boat i book has high risk of cancellation and assignment to who knows what boat...
I know it was a while back but I couldn't resist. I'm sorry but you seem to be worried or concered about things most fisherman dont give a second thought. So you must be new to sportfishing in SoCal. All you need to do is quickly glance at their counts for the past few months and if they've been running consistently. Those two aspects will tell you what boat to book your trip on. Worring about Galley reviews and bunk room accommodations are not factors bgg in who catches fish. Are you bringing your wife, kids ect.... it's not a pleasure cruise its fishing. I hope your have found this out by yourself by now. And yes the Pacifica is a well-run operation and the people in here have no idea what exactly happened either situation. People like to flap their lips and stir shit up while all along they are just as clueless as yourself. Pacifica is a top-notch operation and you won't find a better crew on the West Coast

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
>>> ... but I couldn't resist. I'm sorry but you seem to be worried or concered about things most fisherman dont give a second thought. So you must be new to sportfishing in SoCal...Worring about Galley reviews and bunk room accommodations are not factors...it's not a pleasure cruise its fishing...People like to flap their lips...they are just as clueless as yourself...

like you, I couldn't resist

but thanks for taking me to church for my worry and cluelessness, brother Ballinger.

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
From seaforth fish count today for Pacifica 1.5 day tuna trip, oct 23, 2020:

“ 30 anglers put 45 bluefin on the boat, with two fish over 300 pounds, 3, fish over 200 pounds, and 12 fish between 100 and 180 pounds! “

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
From seaforth fish count today for Pacifica 1.5 day tuna trip, oct 23, 2020:

“ 30 anglers put 45 bluefin on the boat, with two fish over 300 pounds, 3, fish over 200 pounds, and 12 fish between 100 and 180 pounds! “
I miss that Beach trips where you get to catch surf perch on your way home after fishing offshore, Fishing in the breakers and looking at the pretty women jogging along the shoreline. I don't care all the fish the boat catches, Two crashes under the same operator in one year is not a accident, It's negligence on the Captain!!! I'm not stirring any shit up, It's a fact and the guy was asking a simple question, Here's theirs his answer.

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
finally made it out on the Pacifica first time (1.5 day east of San Clemente Is.) - just a few days before full moon (October-November 2020)

crew is definitely BBF fishy...

the crew hooked and handed off back-to-back big bluefin on the boat by kite and balloon (numerous cows and super cows, 300+lbs) - at one point I recall we had three huge BF on at once and some five landed about as fast they could get the flying fish back out - they got bit

the crew told me they rotated non-crewmbers on the kite by having everyone's number in a hat and drawing numbers for the lucky several they gave a shot on the flying fish rigs - I didn't see any hat or anyone drawing numbers in their lottery, though

however, it appeared the lucky several who got kite chances were hooked up with the crew in one way or another - perhaps I may be sensitive having fished on deadhead and friends-of-crew boats as a customer paying full price ... I would probably pick another boat next time

but if you pay to play on this San Diego tuna boat with hopes for a shot at these giants posted in their daily trip fish counts - like I did - you may be disappointed by not being given a legitimate shot in their kite fishing lottery because they may be doled out on the whims of crew members - and all the big ones were caught on the kite rigs

One tuna in the lineup below is over 300 pounds ... what a time to be a big bluefin fisherman:

Super-Cows.jpg

300.jpg

Last edited:

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
Just a thought here. If you go once or twice a year and book those trips close to departure time, you probably bounce around between boats, you take what you get. You've built up no rapport with a boat and the crew. They really won't know you from anyone else. The only difference is that you're not a rent rodder. Bouncing from boat to boat on whims, or whatever, does you little good.
If you book multiple trips, pay deposits on them, and then go on the trips, you build up a rapport with the crew. That's what will pay off in the long run.

I had some unexpected funds come my way back in early September. Enough to allow me to go visit friends in San Diego. I booked air travel and lodging at a hostel, as my friends were temporarily out of town. Next, I booked a boat. My first choice, the PQ was booked solid already. I looked over my options and the easiest was the Tomahawk. I did check the Pacifica as well. I booked and paid in full, in good faith. I wasn't known to the crew and yet, I was treated very well. At the tank, I was frequently given a really hot bait direct from the dipnet. The trip was decent and I had a fun time. Although I only had 1 skippy, I tipped well. The fishing was what it was and I have no regrets. I went to fish, and I did. I got out on the water and had a good day. I met some really nice people. Would I fish with them again? Absolutely! Would I recommend them to others? Yes.

Anyway, that's my thought on it. Establish yourself with a boat and crew. Your mileage may vary...

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
Mtnfshr

I got the trip I signed up for and wasn't last minute

in fact, I was looking forward to fishing Pacifica for its bluefin reputation

my point is simply:

it appeared to me the capt's kite lottery was rigged - if his lottery was indeed honest, a better way might be to draw the numbers in advance - in front of his paying customers during his welcome - and post them so the winners have a heads up

I can find other boats to fish my few local trips a year - and good luck to Pacifica crew - just don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining...