Feedback on "Beyond Braid"

lilsamo

Jun 20, 2012
Friendswood, TX/USA
Name
Mark Samoriga
Boat
None Right Now
Has anyone tried this brand and have any feedback? I just came across them the other day

Thank you!

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Well, the reviews on their website are ALL positive, which seems rather strange. They advertise , but they don't say how many carriers (strands) the line has, or what the line if made of.

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
Name
Robert
Boat
none
1589601762385.gif

Reactions: kimbo
Upvote 0

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
I’m going to respectfully suggest you purchase braid from a proven manufacturer. I’ve tested a lot of braid and can offer a highly detailed treatise on exactly what it is, how it’s made, and it’s widely varying quality. That braid is a relabeled house brand from a Chinese fishing supply company. Some Chinese off label braid can perform acceptability but most of it is pure junk. Paying more up front for quality line is one of the best ways to save money I know of.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
if you are going to buy off brand brand ....buy it from amazon... if its junk you can send it back for a refund.....:)

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Funny guys we are. I did a search for this product, landed here. He asked if anybody had tried it. Apparently nobody has tried it. :) But every reply is an opinion. I did see some video on testing vs PP Max Q. Power Pro, clearly superior, testing 20 lb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amadeus

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 17, 2011
    San Diego/CA/US
    Name
    Wai Jung
    Boat
    Seahawk II
    Your best bet with Beyond Braid is just get ONE spool of it, fish it against the same weight of a known brand, and make your own decision whether to expand out to other weights.

That's what I did with KastKIng braid, and found it to be acceptable. Then they stopped stocking it in bright white, so I stopped buying it.

Otherwise, the cheap stuff from eBay I only use for nail knots on my my hollow core connectors...no way as the main line.

Upvote 0