February Blues in Cabo!

Team Karma

Aug 29, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Kyle
Boat
54 Sculley: Karma 3
Just got a text message from my dad saying that he and the boys released a 450 pound blue. They were trolling about 6 miles offshore between Palmilla and Gordo. Hopefully he'll send me some pics for proof tonight or even I'll have to call bs!

Jun 12, 2009
Cabo San Lucas, BCS
Name
Hiram Montano
Boat
32' Blackfin & 53' Post
Hey Kyle,

We call "no bullshit" we were fishing Gordo today and saw your dad hooked-up and saw the Blue jump several times. Easy 450 lbs, maybe 500 lbs?

Capt. Ramon Hiram Montano

Team Karma

Aug 29, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Kyle
Boat
54 Sculley: Karma 3
Hey Kyle,

We call "no bullshit" we were fishing Gordo today and saw your dad hooked-up and saw the Blue jump several times. Easy 450 lbs, maybe 500 lbs?

Capt. Ramon Hiram Montano
Talked to him on the phone and got some better details. He said the fish was minimum 450, most likely over 5. Also, they got shitty pictures because none of the good cameras were ready to go. As he told me tonight about 30 minutes ago "All there is is tiny fuckin stripers around, we weren't even thinking about pictures until this fish showed. The video camera is still under the bed!"

But hey, at least we know they're telling the truth since you saw it Ramon. They got it on a Coggins Copa- skirted in none other than petrelero (thanks Barrett, and Pelican, and most importantly Steve).

I'll post the pics when I get em.

renegademike

Jul 4, 2007
Cabo San Lucas
Name
Mike T
Boat
31 Bertram Renegademike
There is a patch of warm water around that area. A boat on our dock got a couple of 35lb dorado in the same area the other day. Thanks for the Heads up. We can use some good news around here.

zanegler

Bomboy Lures Are Money!
Jun 24, 2008
placerville/ca/usa
Name
zane
Boat
Skipjack 20 Flybridge, Cruel Intentions
A really respectable Blue any time of year, but for February......incredible!

Always pays to have a bigger lure in the spread, even if it doesn't get bit, it works like a teaser to bring smaller fish in to take a look.