Feathers and guns guide service

sdhunter

Jan 24, 2007
Santee
Name
Mike
Boat
1652 G3 SC Camo
I've hunted with Ben Williams, if specs are your game, he's top shelf. I've also hunted and fished with James Stone Elite Sportsmen Guide Service. He's a good too, you'll have a good time with James too!

Damn Stefan, GO BIG or go home!!!

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    I loved the pictures of your spread, Stefan! I did that too when I was your age, except we used carts to carry them into the fields because you couldn't drive close enough. I also used some of the very first spinning-wing goose decoys, they were made in Maryland and I heard about them and ordered a pair in the mid-80's. Along with two dozen of the first 747-sized Honker dekes they definitely gave me an edge. It takes a lot of self-control to wait until the flock commits and then actually lands among the decoys, but what a great feeling when they do!

Upvote 0

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 19, 2003
    San Pedro, Ca.
    www.yayacalls.com
    Name
    Stefan
    Boat
    Grady White 263 Chase
    I've hunted with Ben Williams, if specs are your game, he's top shelf. I've also hunted and fished with James Stone Elite Sportsmen Guide Service. He's a good too, you'll have a good time with James too!

Damn Stefan, GO BIG or go home!!!

Yep, we're dumb as a box of rocks, always looking to go bigger and better!!!!!

Upvote 0

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 19, 2003
    San Pedro, Ca.
    www.yayacalls.com
    Name
    Stefan
    Boat
    Grady White 263 Chase
    snows_landing.jpg
    I loved the pictures of your spread, Stefan! I did that too when I was your age, except we used carts to carry them into the fields because you couldn't drive close enough. I also used some of the very first spinning-wing goose decoys, they were made in Maryland and I heard about them and ordered a pair in the mid-80's. Along with two dozen of the first 747-sized Honker dekes they definitely gave me an edge. It takes a lot of self-control to wait until the flock commits and then actually lands among the decoys, but what a great feeling when they do!

Gary these days its all about landing them in the decoys, could care less how many we shoot, getting old I guess.

One of my favorite pics

Reactions: surfgoose
    Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Well, Stefan, I don't think it's about "growing old" but rather about finally growing up! When I was progressing as a bird hunter it was first about shooting a lot, then shooting a limit of something specific, then shooting something very high, then shooting something banded, and gradually over time it became more satisfying to impose more limits and challenges upon myself than to just stack up dead birds. I have noticed that same kind of change in most (but not all) of the people that I have hunted with over the decades. I admire and learned from Sean Mann doing what he calls "catch and release" goose hunting. And I try not to hunt anymore with those who still have the blood-lust in their eyes if they are over thirty.

Reactions: KID CREOLE
    Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
    May 26, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    View attachment 636694

Gary these days its all about landing them in the decoys, could care less how many we shoot, getting old I guess.

One of my favorite pics

Man that is a mountain of work! I can see that, sorta' like keeping a full speed bite/boil going in the corner just to enjoy the show! Satisfaction of actually putting it all together!

Reactions: surfgoose
    Upvote 0