Favorite sun hoody?

Heat

Jun 3, 2004
Yuma, AZ
Name
Nick
Boat
none
Anybody have a favorite sun protective, hooded shirt to recommend? Durable, lightweight, with thumb hole for hand protection, quick drying, and stain proof are some of the features that I would like to have. I'm generally not a fan of long sleeves with logos or whatever up and down the sleeves but not a dealbreaker. Go!

Reactions: Shewillbemine
Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    I don't know the brand, but Rush from Local Knowledge in YouTube wears something like that. Hooded but lightweight shirts are more rare. And I don't think you want the heavyweight hoodies in this heat.

You might be able to see the brand he wears by watching some episodes.

Reactions: Heat
    Upvote 0

JK47

May 19, 2019
    HB
    Name
    Alek
    Boat
    SS Minnow
    Multiple brands of Sun hoody on Amazon for $20, work quite well, small logo if you don't need a billboard.

Reactions: Heat
    Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
    Nov 28, 2015
    Tustin
    Name
    Croaker
    Boat
    Arima Sea Pacer
    Hoodies are too hot for me. I wear a Columbia PGF long sleeve. Either button up, or slip on. Then I wear a HUK face covering and BUFF fingerless gloves.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls
    Upvote 0

Pescador Paul

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 11, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
    Columbia makes some PFG hoodies that are light and relatively cool in hot weather. I wore one to an afternoon CFB game at Sun Devil stadium in Tempe a few years ago. Despite the oppressive heat, I stayed relatively comfortable, even if my Washington Huskies once again lost in the desert.

Upvote 0

lauraawalker

Sep 15, 2020
    NewYork
    Name
    Laura Walker
    Boat
    rebel
    Not a hoodie but I would recommend arm sleeves. It is possible to wear a hoodie in the winter but if you wear it in the summer it will be very hot, in the summer I use arm sleeves to protect my skin from direct sunlight. Very satisfied with it, much more comfortable and cooler.

Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    Anybody have a favorite sun protective, hooded shirt to recommend? Durable, lightweight, with thumb hole for hand protection, quick drying, and stain proof are some of the features that I would like to have. I'm generally not a fan of long sleeves with logos or whatever up and down the sleeves but not a dealbreaker. Go!
    Maybe one of these?

Upvote 0

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
    Jun 21, 2009
    So Cal
    Name
    Hey you
    Boat
    245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
    AFTCO has them with hood and pull up face covering, light weight and comfortable when regular hoodie is to hot I have two so one is always on the boat

This. ^

Never in my wildest dreams would I have dumped a 100 Bones on a shirt.

Probably the best fishing apparel purchase I've done.

Lightweight, not hot and you can pull the hoodie or the face mask up as you need.

Mouth area is perforated so it doesn't fog up my prescription glasses and as a bonus you can drink beer through the mesh..

Reactions: Noms and Heat
    Upvote 0

Heat

Jun 3, 2004
    Yuma, AZ
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    none
    Wow this is an old one. I have a coup.e I have picked up since last year when this was origninally posted. I think I got both of them at Eddie Bauer on sale. So far so good!

"bonus you can drink beer through the mesh.." ...Word!

Upvote 0