Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    Seaguar Blue Label, FTW.

Curiosity led me to buy some Premier. Definitely thinner and more supple than Blue. Probably just in my head but this is why I fish 50lb Premier on par with 40lb Blue Label.

Drew Stephens
    Drew Stephens
    This^ if the tuna are extra picky I’ll go with premier due to it being thinner. Premier breaks under its rated strength hence why its IGFA rated. Blue label breaks over. There’s a video testing 30# blue label breaking an average of 42 pounds.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

tuner

pysgotwyr
  • May 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    260 Mackinaw
    Anyone know why seaguar has so many? Black, blue, red … WTF?
    Seaguar uses different polymers and dual polymer lines. Premier, Blue, and Gold are dual polymer (dual structure) lines that improve knot strength, abrasion resistance, elasticity, and strength to diameter ratios.

Premier is my favorite.

Upvote 0

UnBelievable

F.V. UNBELIEVABLE
    Jul 19, 2013
    Mission Bay San Diego Ca. USA
    Name
    Norm Campbell
    Boat
    UnBelievable
    All in on Yo-Zuri pink. I’ll fish it beside you and you will see the difference. Mine is 3 times thicker than yours and my fish hits the deck. The important part is they cannot see it, red or pink is the first color to be eliminated is the spectrum. Oh yes mine is thicker and did not get chewed through! I love all the slide rule cowboys who figure thinner is better! I’ve always said “ if you want the truth” ask his x wife!

Upvote 0

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
    Jan 10, 2010
    Junction City OR
    Name
    Rod Lathrop
    Boat
    24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
    Definitely Okuma Fluoro-Stretch. By far the strongest fluoro knots I have ever tied. Ties more like mono. The stretch (less than mono/more than normal fluoro) is just a nice bonus. The only fluoro that I have ever achieved 30# dead lift (with San Diego Jam knot to a hook) with 30# fluoro. I have been using it for 2 seasons now zero knot failures. Everything from 20# Albacore to 185# BFT. Love Fluoro-Stretch!

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Line is different than leader but YoZuri Pink leader is good. I liked Blackwater leader but no longer available. Dense leader sinks quicker but is stiff. Prefer dense for abrasion too.

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
    Nov 16, 2010
    La Mesa
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    American Angler
    I will never use yozuri pink again. Ever. I have had it break many times, always the same, right in the middle of the leader. I don't know how you guys are using this with success. Maybe you are not using a lot of drag, or longer leaders than I but had 60#, 80# and 100# break on me at the Lupe...on multiple fish. Even the skipper said he saw that breakage all the time and advised against using it. That was the last straw. And before someone says it just a bad lot, I bought 3 spools of each all from different vendors and they all had different lot numbers to make sure it was a fair assessment. All 3 spools in the various line classes busted off and, unless my public school math fails me, that totals 9 fish. 9 fish lost vs none landed until I changed to Blackwater. Zero lost fish with Blackwater.

I am super bummed the Blackwater is no longer available so I am searching for a replacement once my stash is gone.

Just my .02

Upvote 0

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    That was the last straw. And before someone says it just a bad lot, I bought 3 spools of each all from different vendors and they all had different lot numbers to make sure it was a fair assessment.

Dang surprised you gave her 3 chances. I would have thrown her overboard the first time she broke my heart.

OH wait... we're talking about fishing line. Same thing, right?
    :Beat_Them

Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat
    Royal Star
    I will never use yozuri pink again. Ever. I have had it break many times, always the same, right in the middle of the leader. I don't know how you guys are using this with success. Maybe you are not using a lot of drag, or longer leaders than I but had 60#, 80# and 100# break on me at the Lupe...on multiple fish. Even the skipper said he saw that breakage all the time and advised against using it. That was the last straw. And before someone says it just a bad lot, I bought 3 spools of each all from different vendors and they all had different lot numbers to make sure it was a fair assessment. All 3 spools in the various line classes busted off and, unless my public school math fails me, that totals 9 fish. 9 fish lost vs none landed until I changed to Blackwater. Zero lost fish with Blackwater.

I am super bummed the Blackwater is no longer available so I am searching for a replacement once my stash is gone.

Just my .02
    Aftcos Seiko floracarbon is a lot like blackwater, Aftco had sunline make it for them, I really like it, I have fished virtually every brand floro there is at one time or another. Seiko is extremly abrasion resistant, extremely strong , gets bit really well , and is pretty reasonable in price. I tend to pull pretty hard, and haven't had any failures with it yet.

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
    May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    Currently Seaguar Gold & Premier and Yo-Zuri pink & clear. No issues with whatsoever.

Whatever you use try wiping it first with alcohol wipes because Dave Marciano says so.

Upvote 0