Spyder

There Can Be Only One....
May 27, 2005
Down in Fraggle Rock
Name
Jim
Boat
COBRA FISH & DIVE
Got to my spot at the dam well before sun up Saturday. Landed a 17” just after sunrise and the next about 1/2 hour later. Fun as hell on 2lb. There is some biggins to be caught right from shore now. Made some killer Mediterranean sautéed trout for dinner tonight.

40D0F098-697A-440A-A0C0-71B6661EFB4C.jpeg DB5444D4-2B51-4D61-84F5-C0488B373832.jpeg 607621F2-5753-4ADD-BDD1-8D9094AB379A.jpeg

Reefmo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
Outstanding! What is the water temp?

can

May 10, 2010
Chatsworth
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
beautiful fish. gotta make my way up there.
Powerbait?

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Nice! I fish up there quite a bit, that’s not an easy score this time of year. Did you fish a Carolina rig or a slip bobber. It’s tricky to target depth by the damn off the bottom since the slope is so steep in that area and at the same time it can be windy, messing up the slip bobber game.

GaffnLaff

Rum is Tackle
Dec 3, 2003
Bay Park
Visit site
Name
Dave Cairncross
Boat
Currently looking for a new Ho'ing opportunity
Damn nice fish!
I fish by the Red House pretty regular, I haven't tried by the dam, but maybe I should.
Heading up tonight.
Thanks for the report.

Spyder

May 27, 2005
Down in Fraggle Rock
Name
Jim
Boat
COBRA FISH & DIVE
Nice! I fish up there quite a bit, that’s not an easy score this time of year. Did you fish a Carolina rig or a slip bobber. It’s tricky to target depth by the damn off the bottom since the slope is so steep in that area and at the same time it can be windy, messing up the slip bobber game.
I caught those at the dam using a Carolina rig with a slide egg sinker and at least 3-4’ leader with a small treble and powerbait. I find you have to use lightest test possible or they won’t play.

GaffnLaff

Rum is Tackle
Dec 3, 2003
Bay Park
Visit site
Name
Dave Cairncross
Boat
Currently looking for a new Ho'ing opportunity
I got the skunk saturday pm

Ctony.clark

Jun 14, 2012
Carlsbad, Ca, u.s.a.
Name
Tony Clark
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
I caught those at the dam using a Carolina rig with a slide egg sinker and at least 3-4’ leader with a small treble and powerbait. I find you have to use lightest test possible or they won’t play.
How is the Lake water level, was up there last summer, lowest I had seen it in decades. Used to fish by the Red House once a month during high school years. Nice fish, and damn, nice looking dish!

Spyder

May 27, 2005
Down in Fraggle Rock
Name
Jim
Boat
COBRA FISH & DIVE
How is the Lake water level, was up there last summer, lowest I had seen it in decades. Used to fish by the Red House once a month during high school years. Nice fish, and damn, nice looking dish!
Water level is way up from last year. There is even a good amount east of Stanfield Cutoff.