Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Sorry for this being a little late had to do dinner with family right after we got back.

Plan was Gus and his wife Karen fishing with me and my good friend Caesar fishing with his friends son Ian and Ed the "lingcodkillingmotherfucker". If you don't know who Ed is then you haven't been on BD long enough.

Made it down to the ramp around 6:30am, Ceasar was already in the water and headed out. We launch and start soon after. We then see Caesar just putting along. We pull up aside and as WTF. His engine was overheating and kept going into limp mode.

I wasn't going to let the ruin the day, told him to go back to the ramp, trailer the boat and hop in the Papa "J".

Was mostly flat and was able to do about 20KTS straight into it. got to our numbers and hit a couple nice drops. after an hour or so the wind stared picking up to the point that the boat was drifting 1.5-2kts. Had to have the guys drop on the spot and just keep it in gear it they got close to bottom then pop in neutral to drift back over. did ok a few time doing that.

Then as we were getting back to one of our spots we notices a nice little honey hole and did our same move. And we wrecked it. Hadn't seen that size quality reds in a while. By that time the wind laid down a bit and we were able to fish it. It was crazy every drop doubles on every line.

Had a great day with great friends and super quality fish. One for the BD history books.
    output(1).jpg
    output(2).jpg
    output(3).jpg
    output(4).jpg
    output(5).jpg
    output.jpg

Upvote 0

efx

Almost A Member
    Nov 21, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Rich
    Boat
    28 Grady White - Miz Marengo
    That big one in the last pic is a monster! Good electronics work. Any number ? Vicinity?

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    Gus caught a fish? LOL

Thanks for the invite Jas, couldn't make it this time. Nice work on the reds! :appl:

Reactions: Papa "J"
    Upvote 0

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
  • Jul 6, 2004
    el cajon
    Name
    chad
    Boat
    26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
    Nice work

Upvote 0

LEC

Almost A Member
    Dec 15, 2005
    Garden Grove Ca.
    Name
    Larry Crownover
    Boat
    20 ft. Invader LC
    Great job! Quality reds are getting harder to come by. What was the hot bait? Live squid, strips, fin bait, jigs?

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    What a MESS-O-COD, everyone was involved, nice pictures too.

Upvote 0

efx

Almost A Member
    Nov 21, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Rich
    Boat
    28 Grady White - Miz Marengo
    West of the Mississippi and north of the equator. Got it. Next time I see a GW sailfish expect to see a marlin following you.

Upvote 0