Father & Daughter Double Wahoo at the 14!

PENN

JT Money

Jun 3, 2004
HB
www.
Name
Eric
Boat
19 ft Mako
Epic Day, Congratulations Steve and Michelle and Rick!!

Could this be the first Wahoo caught by a lady angler in California waters???

Upvote 0

fishytaco

Mar 28, 2006
Yorba Linda
Name
Quan
Boat
17 Mako
My daughter is in town visiting so we decided to take her out and see if we could get some wahoo on our new 31 Cabo called Really Big Fish and she came through with some luck! We were out Dana for about 2 hours almost to the 14 mile bank trolling a fire tiger Marauder along with a red & white Rapala X-Rap. The Marauder went screaming first and she grabbed the rod and went to war for 20 minutes, my buddy Rick did a great job of coaching her and clearing another trolling line. During the commotion the Rapala went off and the next thing we new we had two hoo on! Got lucky on the Rapala rig since it was straight mono, Rick managed to gaff both fish on board and help my daughter have a very special day yesterday with her dad. Way to go Team Really Big Fish!

View attachment 625525

View attachment 625526

View attachment 625529

View attachment 625530

awesome!!!!

Upvote 0

dixonrick

Team Dixon Fishing
Jan 16, 2012
Torrance,Ca
Name
Rick Dixon
Boat
22Ft. Ranger Bay
Fantastic!!!! This is the season that our children's children will be passing down !!!!! Great catch!!!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
one hoo,two hoo,good job WTG.

Upvote 0

pacificinn

Tunacious
Mar 20, 2014
Dana Point
Name
Steve Craig
Boat
Tunacious
Thank you for all of the positive comments! My daughter had caught wahoo in Mexico before when she was only 12 but it didn't take her long to realize how rare this double wahoo catch was especially after seeing her dad & best friend dancing, screaming, hugging like a couple of young school girls. Wow I love fishing!

Upvote 0

smazza123

1997 Spectrum great riding skiff
Aug 29, 2014
Oceanside
Name
steve mazza
Boat
19' spectrum
Looks like I am going to be sick on fri. I better warn my job now. Think its something that's catching. Fishides See ya on the water

Upvote 0

Misha082581

Sep 21, 2015
Dallas
Name
Michelle
Boat
Really Big Fish
Words can not describe the adrenaline and excitement I was feeling. Plus a little fear. I wanted to catch that Wahoo so so bad I was worried I would screw it up. But thanks to Rick and my Dad they coached me right through it....

Man what a rush... I forgot how much I love deep sea fishing. Thanks again to Team Really Big Fish, you guys always seem to know exactly where the fish are, and I now have another amazing experience with my DAD!!!!

PS... My favorite part was watching My Dad and Rick dance and scream like little school girls. I still have Ricks voice in my head screaming "Oh MY GOD we have a double freaking WAHOO"

Upvote 0

Vermonster

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Holy crap, that is just double awesome!!!!!! Huge congrats!!!!! Front page story!!!!

PS... My favorite part was watching My Dad and Rick dance and scream like little school girls. I still have Ricks voice in my head screaming "Oh MY GOD we have a double freaking WAHOO"

LOL LOL LOL

Upvote 0

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
laguna niguel
Name
Bob
Boat
Henriques 28 Express
Good job Steve. You have reached the pinnacle of So Cal success. Now get a Swordy.

Bob

Upvote 0