PENN

kdrouet

Sep 10, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Dude
Boat
M40 Knight and Carver
Fantastic day on the water! Background behind the video, after setting up on "the magic paddy" My buddy hooks up to this nice dorado -- 5min later, he works the fish around the boat to avoid tangling on another paddy we pass by. He missteps and falls in the water. He hands me the rod and the fish is still on. My buddy gets backs in the boat and fights his fish. What an epic day! We had a newbie on the boat that never fished offshore before. We ended up with limits of dorado and 14 yft.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

At 20 seconds there must have been 4 rods laying across the deck, a sliding bucket and catch bag. You're lucky more of you didn't end up in the water.

Reactions: finishright
Upvote 0

kdrouet

Sep 10, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Dude
Boat
M40 Knight and Carver
Always something. Lets just say there was so much catching and having some newbies on the boat, made things a little hectic. In the end, it was a fantastic trip!

Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Keith, that is a good video. Funny that Tom fell in the water and then he just puts his wet hat back on. Epic Mahi bite!

Upvote 0

El Taco

Almost A Member
May 11, 2014
Name
Gabriel
Boat
Almost
Tell the cook to get back to the kitchen the burgers are burning! Lol, nice apron dude. I guess there really is a first for everything, nice dodo.

Upvote 0

kdrouet

Sep 10, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Dude
Boat
M40 Knight and Carver
The guy in the apron is my neighbor. It was his first offshore experience. He finally got the hang of fishing and got his limits of dodos and scored a couple of tuna. We lost a lot of tuna and he had one that had him bendo. We re-grouped and continued to fish.

I gave our coordinates over the radio to bring other boats in to our paddy.

Here's what we were seeing around the boat

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbkat

Oct 8, 2011
LA
Name
Mark
Boat
World Cat
When I started the video, my money was on the guy with the apron and orange clogs LOL

Reactions: CFR
Upvote 0

Tdubbzskis

Jun 19, 2014
Name
Todd
Boat
Don't got one yet :/
Lol when that guy fell in!! Looked like the other guy was going to gaff and tail rope him! What was his name, Sushi? LOL
Nice dodos brother!

Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
When I started the video, my money was on the guy with the apron and orange clogs LOL

He gets a 9.9 for style, with the clogs being color-coordinated with the bucket. It would be a 10 but for the slight deduction from the Russian judge...

Upvote 0

Fowl Play

Sep 22, 2014
LA
vimeo.com
Name
Tom
Boat
N/A
Guess now’s a good time to introduce myself to the forum. Name’s Tom McGuire – Triple Lindy extraordinaire! Like Keith said, we had a great day offshore – deck was definitely a bit more cluttered than usual, not much to say there…. new fisherman, plus crazy bite… yah things got a bit hectic for a little while, but everyone had a blast and learned a few things or two. I was offered many a helping hand back on the boat, but it was actually easier for me to just pull myself back up. I’m used to jumping off Keith’s boat, so it really wasn’t anything new, just typically it’s intentional and I have a speargun in my hand. Video for a visual aid and your enjoyment.

Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
I'm thinking its a good thing there wasn't a big swell that day:D

Nice job on the dodos guys cool video

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
That's just Hi-funny

Upvote 0

devodave

keeping the kid hooked up
Aug 27, 2009
San Marcos
Name
"Old School"
Boat
Really old but solid 25' SeaRay Flybridge
Hilarious that after all that cluster you got all those fish on the deck! I had a similar thing happen 2 weeks ago when I took my teenage son and one of his former deckhand friends out. They both hooked up instantly on a paddy stop and almost blew it landing the fish with all their excitement, tangles, etc. No one went over the rail though...

Upvote 0