mwardncsu

Almost A Member
  • Sep 23, 2009
    Mebane, NC
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    None (for now)
    Had the opportunity to build another rod themed for The Fallen Outdoors, to be used to raise funds at a recent The Fallen Outdoors Team Virginia banquet. This was a "double charity" rod, as I had raffled a pair of custom rods off for out Smith Mountain Striper Club youth fishing event this summer, and the guy that won that leads the Southwest VA region of The Fallen Outdoors and he asked me to do one of them in a theme that he could then turn around and donate at the Fallen Outdoors Banquet... so I decided I had to do a little "extra" on this one..... and word is he couldn't let it go and made sure he won the auction for this rod in the end :)

This rod honors our Veterans and our Nation with its red, white & blue and The Fallen Outdoors theme. A 7' 2" casting rod built on a Batson Enterprises RainShadow Rod Blanks Revelation REV72MH-SCW blank - with a 12-20 lb line rating, 3/8 - 1 oz lure rating, MH power and Fast action - with carbon fiber wrap on lower 1/3 of rod and limited run white upper end. 11 Alps Titanium guides, plus a Fuji / Anglers Resource Titanium Torzite tip-top, all custom color anodized adorn the guide train. One of a kind custom hand-made grips using a newly developed technique featuring The Fallen Outdoors logos decorate the full-length EVA grip and fore grip. Finally, an American Flag cross-wrap and custom decals finish off the truly one of a kind rod.

IMG_1896.png

IMG_1900.png

IMG_1906.png

IMG_1903.png

IMG_1902.png

IMG_1910.png

IMG_1925.png

IMG_1898.png

IMG_1928.png

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

mwardncsu

Almost A Member
  • Sep 23, 2009
    Mebane, NC
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    None (for now)
    Thank you. The Fallen Outdoors works to get veterans involved in outdoor activities and build fellowship between them - via fishing trips, hunts or other outdoor activities. National organization with lots of regional chapters. https://thefallenoutdoors.org/

I’ve seen first hand the benefit it has provided in a friend that was struggling but found purpose in volunteering in a leadership role as a vet helping vets.
    Don't know the "cause".... or Organization.... but your work is beautiful Brother. Any Angler would be.proud of that rod for sure!!

Upvote 0