hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Just walked down Newport Pier and saw an Asian family pulling up a hoop full of short crabs and putting them in their cooler. I told then they were short and the ignored me. So I walked away and called Caltip. I hate poachers!!!!!

Reactions: yakergreg
Upvote 0

Hoopnet

<°)))))><
Dec 12, 2013
<°)))))><
Name
<°)))))><
Boat
<°)))))><
Yup! Im asian and Ive noticed that too. poachers come in all colors but Ive noticed that most of the ones I run into and try to educate on state laws are asians that really dont understand english.

But, yes! I hate poachers!
Also, I and other anglers have called "caltip" and they dont do crap.

Upvote 0

2futitus

Checks in the Mail
Aug 6, 2012
McCleary
Name
Nick
Boat
BW 255 Conquest
Did you hang around to see if the GEO showed up to fine em?

Upvote 0

changboy

Nov 9, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Brian
Boat
"PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
Dammn HATE those ASIANS, oh crap im asian I must be a Fxxxxxx POACHER cause were all alike, really!

Upvote 0

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
what crab you talking about. spider crab, red rock crab , Alaska king crab , blue crab, Chinese hairy crab?

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now

they are hard to understand even if english is your language....but is what it is.....

the rules are the rules..the law is the law...

Upvote 0

fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Hmmm..........chinese hairy crab? I like it! Come to think of it , I like all hairy crab!!! LOL LOL LOL

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I asked a FG guy at Lake Dixon why he wasn't checking licenses of those that weren't displaying them (back when we had to) on the dock. Response was, "Why would I. I'll get a fake name and address and will probably have to call to get an interpreter". They won't pay the ticket and won't show.

We have a two sets of laws by default.

Reactions: Blackfish
    Upvote 0

john anthony

Jan 22, 2014
    Name
    fishkilla13
    Boat
    Monark
    believe it or not,ive seen caucasian poaches,,yup..but poachers suck no matter what race they are..

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I'm hungry.
    poach1
    pōCH/
    verb
    1. 1.
      cook (an egg), without its shell, in or over boiling water.
      "a breakfast of poached egg and grilled bacon"

Reactions: john anthony
    Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
    Oct 15, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Leoman
    Boat
    Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
    I see it too on piers; some of the fish are so small they probably evaporate in a poof of steam when cooked...better posting of regulations and good practices in 15 different languages would be good :)

Reactions: s//m_cinco
    Upvote 0

J.C.

Run what ya Brung
    May 20, 2012
    Wa
    Name
    Justin
    Boat
    18' aluminum
    Asians are by far the worst offenders. If their not poaching themselves and playing dumb or pretending not to speak English. They buy illegal seafood from the Indians making a market for another group of poachers. They take more than their share at all our public beaches.

We just had a huge bust where the Indians were selling undersized and female crab to the " nail salons". Just because your Asian don't act like it isn't true.

Upvote 0

OCEAN theRAPIST

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 9, 2012
    san diego/kali/us
    Name
    randy
    Boat
    ocean therapist
    so growing up working on the pier and fishing it i have seen way to much of this. and with out trying to sound racist the small amount of english speaking poachers were able to understand what they were doing wrong and stopped doing it.. but for some reason if they were any non english speaking people they just ignore you even if they know what your saying they act like they dont. i have been in to many fights for throwing fish back that did not belong to me but after last summer i will throw back more then ever. after yelling at some people that were taking short lobsters in july with a rod i had a Asian guy walk over and in very broken english he said "this is your ocean and if you dont stand up for it they will never stop taking everything they can get there hands on"

everyone poaches and it sucks to say but it seems alot of these people are foreign non english speaking. or at least thats what i read about on the dfg site an its what i see going on every day

Reactions: J.C.
    Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
    Aug 6, 2012
    Valencia, CA
    Name
    Anthony Hicks
    Boat
    Good Deal
    Btw the DFG told me they had officers in the area and they were sending someone out. I was out with my lady so I didn't stick around to check if they showed, but the lady on the phone almost seemed half annoyed that I was calling..

Upvote 0

Hoopnet

<°)))))><
    Dec 12, 2013
    <°)))))><
    Name
    <°)))))><
    Boat
    <°)))))><
    Btw the DFG told me they had officers in the area and they were sending someone out. I was out with my lady so I didn't stick around to check if they showed, but the lady on the phone almost seemed half annoyed that I was calling..

I was out with my other asian buddy and he called caltip and the dispatcher told him; "we'll send a warden out "tomorrow" to check." LOL They showed up a week later and guess who they checked? Me! LOL

Upvote 0

BluePabst

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 1, 2012
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Name
    Phil
    Boat
    Bertram 30
    everyone poaches and it sucks to say but it seems alot of these people are foreign non english speaking. or at least thats what i read about on the dfg site an its what i see going on every day

I agree with what your saying. A common thread in a lot of those cases are non-english / poor-english / pretend-to-not-speak english. I believe this is because the poachers come from a country where there are no laws. Our there are laws but ppl do whatever the fuck they want to anyways and assume they don't have to follow the rules here.

OP did the right thing to call it in.

Upvote 0

Stanley

Pro Boat Scrubber
    Nov 28, 2003
    Agua Hedionda
    Visit site
    Name
    Spooker
    Boat
    24' Skipjack FB, 19.5' Glastron SE and a ScupperPro TW
    Friggin' Irish! Guy was down here throwing a net for smelt. Called CalTip and the warden was down here within 10 minutes. Didn't catch him in the act but confiscated the net. BTW: Last year they were selling throw nets at the O'side Walmart.

Upvote 0

sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
    san diego
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    n/a
    so say your on the pier and see some poaching going on, is there anything illegal with just walking up to them, take there catch, and tossing it back in the water.
    i would imagine the poachers would not be too happy but if dfg is not going to do any thing ?

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.