wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Last lobster season I just went for a booze cruise with my wife. Got back to the harbor around sunset. Dfg came up and asked if I was buggin. I looked at my empty boat, then gave him the wtf do you think look, then said "uhh...no, I don't even any gear". I had one bass rod on the boat. He still made me open all my hatches. Must be cause we're Asian and figured we were poaching (although I admit Asians don't have a very good reputation in that arena). Racist sonofabitch.

ethnics oft times use "mules" in other boats to bring their "catch" in.

Upvote 0

suede

Nov 30, 2011
Laguna Hills
Name
JL
Boat
'88 22 Whaler Outrage
ethnics oft times use "mules" in other boats to bring their "catch" in.

"Ethnics" aye? Does that include or not include "non-ethnics"? Would non be whites? None of them use mules? Not a single one? Just curious cause I've only been here since I was born. I don't know the rules of ethnics vs non ethnics. Thanks.

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

wils

May 31, 2003
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
"Ethnics" aye? Does that include or not include "non-ethnics"? Would non be whites? None of them use mules? Not a single one? Just curious cause I've only been here since I was born. I don't know the rules of ethnics vs non ethnics. Thanks.

aren't all ethnics "ethnic"? you can play the color card it you want.... meanwhile, I'll just dance.:puff:

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
"Ethnics".

My boat partner got searched in a similar situation. I store rods in the cuddy, he pulled them out and stored in the launcher while his family went on a cruise (his little kids like to color and watch movies below deck). He was stopped and searched pretty good, even though he said he wasn't fishing.

He probably should have thrown the race card, that always helps...

black%20actress%20arrestv2.jpg

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Wils...LOL You beat me to it.

EDIT:
Just to make sure you know Suede, the "Ethnic's" line is a inside joke about a past post that went south. Just in case you never saw the original post. I don't want to see this "wonderful" thread get closed. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: makairaa and wils
Upvote 0

conchydong

Untitled
Jun 5, 2008
Pompano Beach FL
Name
Scott
Boat
Rock Bottom
Although I live in Florida, our spiny lobster are similar to yours and I have measured thousands of them as I worked on my Uncle's commercial trap boat as a youth. If the gauge can go over the carapace and hit the tail, even if it is touching the carapace, then the Law will call it short. Our bugs have the same skin flap between the horns as yours so and you have to be sure you are measuring from the hard part. Just pay your fine and be extra careful the next time. They aren't worth the fine.

Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
My boat partner got searched in a similar situation. I store rods in the cuddy, he pulled them out and stored in the launcher while his family went on a cruise (his little kids like to color and watch movies below deck). He was stopped and searched pretty good, even though he said he wasn't fishing.

He probably should have thrown the race card, that always helps...

View attachment 546959

...and/or play the crying card like the woman in your pic. A grown man crying would really throw the warden for a loop!! :D

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Maybe I should of said, if only you were a illegal immigrant you wouldn't have to show up to court? I apologize for not clarifying......
    You don't even want to know how deep that shit runs. It's a waste of the Wardens time to even bother. The local lakes near Escondido are just stupid with this shit.

Add in the local piers and jetties and you have a tri-fecta.

Last edited:
    Reactions: OTHGV
    Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    ...and/or play the crying card like the woman in your pic. A grown man crying would really throw the warden for a loop!! :D

That is the actress from Jango Unchained that was in the press recently for "making-out" with her boyfriend in a parked car.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    Okay, 2nd year hooper. What is a "clicker?"

a lobster that is obviously short, just by looking at it. When you bring them up, they are flapping like crazy, making a clicking slapping sound.

Upvote 0

tlcnate

Almost A Member
    May 1, 2012
    San Diego- East County
    Name
    Nate
    Boat
    Bayliner 22' Open Bow
    fight it !!!!!
    inform the judge the guys was headstrong, "filled with authority",unreasonable,etc

get the word out to others besides ourselves that a lot of these "wardens" are jus ticket writers,,,not really lookin for right or wrong

Former law enforcement here. As much as it would be good for venting discussing the gamies' attitude will be unlikely to be of any use it they allow it at all. Get an enlargement of the measurement photo and point out the discrepancy where the gauge is being placed. Argue that the lobster is of legal length and that ANY reasonable doubt as to the size has to be resolved in the defendants failure. The "people" have to prove the infraction "beyond a reasonable doubt." With your actions of returning "shorts" to the water ou probably have enough to cast doubt on the charge. If someone was with you during the trip or witnessed your actions as far as returning shorts and/or measuring carefully bring them with you as witnesses to support your point.

Ah yes, like some other's said, stick to the obviously legal length ones next time.

Reactions: Rush Hour 2
    Upvote 0

wils

May 31, 2003
    Name
    bill
    Boat
    I hate boats
    a lobster that is obviously short, just by looking at it. When you bring them up, they are flapping like crazy, making a clicking slapping sound.

I always thought that a "clicker" was when the guage juuuuuust slipped over a short lobster with juuuuuuuuuuuust enough room to move it back and forth making a "click"-ing sound.

as for the 'slapping' sound......................um....hmmmm....:D

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    I always thought that a "clicker" was when the guage juuuuuust slipped over a short lobster with juuuuuuuuuuuust enough room to move it back and forth making a "click"-ing sound.

as for the 'slapping' sound......................um....hmmmm....:D

You might be correct, but I thought it had to do with the little bugs "clapping" :) their little tails off. You know fast and furious . The big guys were slow "clappers" do to their size. ......Oh shit, this could get bad. LOL

Upvote 0

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
    Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
    If the lobster fits inside the gauge then the lobster is short.

I know it sucks. Oh, how I know.
    technically your wrong by LETTER OF THE LAW... if it is the "span" of the gauge it legal... IE 3.25"... if it less than that then its "short"

Upvote 0

suede

Nov 30, 2011
    Laguna Hills
    Name
    JL
    Boat
    '88 22 Whaler Outrage
    Wils...LOL You beat me to it.

EDIT:
    Just to make sure you know Suede, the "Ethnic's" line is a inside joke about a past post that went south. Just in case you never saw the original post. I don't want to see this "wonderful" thread get closed. :)

Oh, Ok. Got it. Missed that thread.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    No,its a barely short lobster.The carapace is just smaller than the gauge.You can wiggle the gauge a little and it clicks.Its the type of lobster that gets 12 pages of bad legal advice and arguments going.

Upvote 0

wils

May 31, 2003
    Name
    bill
    Boat
    I hate boats
    RE: Public Defender

This service is NOT free. Your finances will be audited. If it is shown that you can afford an attorney, you will have to pay @ govt rates (whatever those are). If it is found that you can NOT afford an attorney, we have to pay and we will come take your hoops, boat, trailer, truck, first born, etc, etc, etc..... for reimbursement. All of this over a fucking $3 lobster tail that - when prepared properly - tastes exactly like sheephead. :D

Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sep 22, 2003
    San Diego,Ca
    Name
    Derek
    Boat
    complicated
    FYI no Public Defender in traffic court
    If you want an ATTY need to bring one

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    "Hi Tommy.....I'd like a couple of your live lobsters, please. Here is my credit card."

in and out, 20 min max.

NO cold and wet night.
    NO worn out tired the next day.
    NO fuel bill.
    NO stinky bait cages.
    NO seals stealing stinky bait cages.
    NO arguments over "territory".

and...

NO DFW.

thats my plan, I'm sticking to it.

....just sayin. :D

Upvote 0

Rush Hour 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Julian, Ca
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Chrysler15 "Mariposa", Bayliner 195 BR "Firefly"

This service is NOT free. Your finances will be audited. If it is shown that you can afford an attorney, you will have to pay @ govt rates (whatever those are). If it is found that you can NOT afford an attorney, we have to pay and we will come take your hoops, boat, trailer, truck, first born, etc, etc, etc..... for reimbursement. All of this over a fucking $3 lobster tail that - when prepared properly - tastes exactly like sheephead. :D

Hmm Yeah, no they are free here. I understand about the ability to pay part, but in over 15 yrs I've never seen one person who was required to pay, lost personal property, etc. And yeah, for me I'd just go to court, plead guilty, ask for a fine reduction, payment plan, then fish the rest of the day.

Reactions: wils
    Upvote 0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Downey/Ca/USA
    Name
    Pete
    Boat
    Paddywagon

Like Dave said, it's free. At least for now. Great thing about it, you get what you pay for.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.