Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
Downey/Ca/USA
Name
Pete
Boat
Paddywagon
I guess we should just turn our backs on size and take limits. Hell, lets just let the gill netters, dredgers, long liners, whalers and anyone else do what they want. Screw it. F my kids, your kids, (God help them if you have any), grand kids, and leave a place where no future generations have the ability to enjoy a day on the water catching and not just fishing. Hell, with any luck we can be like Japan and have to go to other countries to do exactly what you are suggesting. Better to have my head in the sand then up my ass.

Reactions: steelhead88
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
The angle of the picture makes it difficult if not impossible to see where the gauge is set.

Man some of us must seriously be looking at a different picture ???

Look at this picture again. Click on it to expand the image.

If that is not a clear and perfect picture showing the gauge right between the horns with the gauge going past the legal length of the carapace, then I don't know what is.

This picture being difficult if not impossible??????

You could hardly ask for a better picture.

0928140209-jpg.546495

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
While I may stir the pot/be a complete dickhead/say inflammatory things/ be an obnoxious douchebag just for the fun of it most of the time.......I'm completely right on this one.

DFG(W) is none of our friends. Period. Look at the MLPA. Look at hunters not being involved in processes on wildlife areas that our hunting dollars fund. Fuck DFG fuck HSUS fuck the birdwatchers fuck the whale watchers they're not our friends......and one more thing fuck calling CALTIP even if you see the most ruthless flagrant act of poaching because it will bite you in your ass.

The MLPA originated at the Federal level - not from the DFG. I guess that shows where your head was then and still apparently still is now.

Don't use "our". Keep your crap in your own yard.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Man some of us must seriously be looking at a different picture ???

Look at this picture again. Click on it to expand the image.

If that is not a clear and perfect picture showing the gauge right between the horns with the gauge going past the legal length of the carapace, then I don't know what is.

This picture being difficult if not impossible??????

You could hardly ask for a better picture.

0928140209-jpg.546495

The unknown fisherman:p:

Yes Mike you are correct! This picture defiantly favors the warden. He is the one holding it and I took the pic.

It was legal on my gauge and that is why I challenged him. He wouldn't go by mine so thats the way it went down!

Upvote 0

Brucev

Aug 7, 2014
    Name
    Bruce
    Boat
    Sea Ray 220SD
    You will find the State of Kalifornia issuing more and bigger fines and penalties in every area of their control. They are doing this to pay for all the free stuff our state hands out. Take from me and you and give to that guy. Many thanks to Sacramento and governor moonbeam.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    You will find the State of Kalifornia issuing more and bigger fines and penalties in every area of their control. They are doing this to pay for all the free stuff our state hands out. Take from me and you and give to that guy. Many thanks to Sacramento and governor moonbeam.

Well, apparently the current ones do no cause people to either be more careful or not blatantly break the laws.

Upvote 0

bus kid

rebmem nwonk llew
    Feb 8, 2009
    www.spacex.com
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Skipjack 20 open
    His guage should be measured with a micrometer. I bet it's off. Could be warn from so many measurements. I doubt that any of those stamped aluminum gauges are 100% accurate. Probably made in China.

bore gauge.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    The MLPA originated at the Federal level - not from the DFG. I guess that shows where your head was then and still apparently still is now.

Don't use "our". Keep your crap in your own yard.

I'll fling my shat wherever I choose buddy. Thinking about going up to Oregon and flinging some up there on 10/11. Upper Klamath Lake may have some sitonmyface shat on the bank, along with dead specks.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Well, apparently the current ones do no cause people to either be more careful or not blatantly break the laws.

Do you really consider the OP on this thread to have "blatantly broken the laws"? Seems ticky tack to me, just like every speeding ticket and the one DFG(W) ticket I've received.

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    No I think he needs to be more careful. It says something about you that when there are 2 options you chose the worst.

Reactions: tinkerman
    Upvote 0

rivertake

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 28, 2008
    Hoopin since
    Name
    LOBSTER
    Boat
    CATCHER
    Hey Rob.

Tough lesson. Most DFW like LE officers are cool and fair. That being said not all are. Just like there are bad cops....... there are bad DFW agents. Period! And until someone has a bad experience with one they can't understand.

I think the climate has changed with how the public is dealt with by law enforcement. It used to be someone who is not criminal in nature and trying to be a law abiding citizen would be warned and informed. Now they're cited and fined. Revenue.

The fact is a lobster that is 3.25" is legal. On the DFW site it shows "how to measure a lobster". If the gauge slips over but is tight,,,, no movement. It is legal. That being said I throw every LEGAL lobster over if the gauge does not rest on top of the carapace back.

Good fishing to you. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
    Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Your post is fair and neutral. I will just pay the fine and be more careful next time. If I find myself in this situation again, I will take this advice and other positive advice from other posters. Thanks!

Rob i hope you didn't misunderstand what i was saying... if you have some time then i would fight it... you will get a lot of knowledge just from the experience. I said don't expect to win, as in.. don't get your hopes up to much and then you won't be disappointed, but you have nothing to loose and may get it dropped or reduced.

I will take fair and neural as a good thing, what i wanted was to be honest. not being there myself it is hard to make any other call. I don't know if you have ever heard a recording of yourself speaking, it can be an eye opener. I record all my business conversations and meetings and it is something that can really improve the way you deal with people. i know there were times that i didn't think i sounded or came across like i did and realized that just changing one or two words made people relaxed and not defensive... just wanted you to think about that... might help in court. like i said, i suggest going just for the experience of it.. for the next time. if you have the time go sit in on some hearings for the same thing and listen to what happens and then plan how you will handle your case. I have been to court quite a few times and so far i have won everyone... you will see when you go and listen, people will put their time into how the cop didn't do or did do something and not enough into why they are innocent. if you think the guy fucked up, say so.. but make it quick and short and then move on to make your case that you are innocent... even if it is because you didn't know how to measure it correctly... you know this guys job, if he does it, is to see that justice is served and should be aware you don't need this on your record for an honest mistake and will treat it accordingly, but be prepared for it to go the other way. i wouldn't count on the cop not showing because now they get paid for their time in court, back in the day they didn't good luck

Reactions: rhamilton210
    Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    Based on my own experiences yes more than one with lobsters, tickets and the DFG I'd say you are fucked but I have a few suggestions send me a PM and I will be happy to share them with you.

NoLDR over and out.

Brad

Upvote 0

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
    Aug 7, 2008
    Westminster, CA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
    I think everyone should just keep obviously legal ones. If you have to squint, measure twice, get a second opinion or anything of that nature it just is not worth the hassle from DFG or grief from anyone you might share your experience with that disagrees. I think they do more good than bad and it sucks you fell on the bad side. Just a lesson to everyone to throw em back if you have to double check.

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
    Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    Besides their really isn't much meat on a barely legal.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    If he can fit a ticket between the gauge and your lobster you get to keep that ticket.
    Just an FYI that ticket is about .003(three thousandths) of an inch.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    While I may stir the pot/be a complete dickhead/say inflammatory things/ be an obnoxious douchebag just for the fun of it most of the time.......I'm completely right on this one.

DFG(W) is none of our friends. Period. Look at the MLPA. Look at hunters not being involved in processes on wildlife areas that our hunting dollars fund. Fuck DFG fuck HSUS fuck the birdwatchers fuck the whale watchers they're not our friends......and one more thing fuck calling CALTIP even if you see the most ruthless flagrant act of poaching because it will bite you in your ass.
    Are you mad bro ? please tell us about the injustices the DFW has done to you.You sound as if there should be a free for all for everybody that hunts and fishes.You know ,no size or bag limits,just get it all while you can right.We dont need a government agency trying to control us.We can police ourselves.The stuff you say makes me glad you're in the minority and what you want you will never get.Now go eat that bag of dicks.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Do you really consider the OP on this thread to have "blatantly broken the laws"? Seems ticky tack to me, just like every speeding ticket and the one DFG(W) ticket I've received.
    Oh i get it now,in order for a ticket to be written you need to "blatantly break the law" .Keep digging that hole.

Reactions: tinkerman
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.