middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
Call me dumb, but if the gauge wasn't seated properly in the photo and on the skin flap and not on the hard part of the carapace between the eyes, it would be showing it as a larger lobster than what it is. Just the opposite of your argument.

LOL 311
I'm not going to call you dumb. The picture is bad and no help to Ultimate Catch, he is screwed and he will pay the ticket. Rob has experience, he should have been more aggressive with the camera to get a better picture showing the entire gauge on the bug, bad on him. In fact, the warden should have measured it while in site of Rob, the bug should have never been taken out of sight with the possibility of being mixed with other short bugs. It's possible to measure a lobster incorrectly, honest mistake. Rob knew the consequences, he has been checked before I'm sure. He had more than enough bugs that night and surely didn't deliberately poach.

Reactions: Ultimate Catch
Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I challenged him and said, "No it's not". He then said "are you questioning my authority " ?

Strike One.

I said "well yes, I believe you are wrong" .

Strike Two.

He took the bug to his truck and told me, "you wait here", then came back and asked for my ID.
I followed him to his truck and asked what he was doing with the bug

Strike Three.

I said " I insist that you measure it and let me get a photographer of you doing it , cause its not short".

Strike Four.

Son, you hit for the cycle and have no learning curve. You were out after Strike Two. Had you been nice, you may have got a lecture. Once it was inked, you're done.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    I challenged him and said, "No it's not". He then said "are you questioning my authority " ?

Strike One.

I said "well yes, I believe you are wrong" .

Strike Two.

He took the bug to his truck and told me, "you wait here", then came back and asked for my ID.
    I followed him to his truck and asked what he was doing with the bug

Strike Three.

I said " I insist that you measure it and let me get a photographer of you doing it , cause its not short".

Strike Four.

Son, you hit for the cycle and have no learning curve. You were out after Strike Two. Had you been nice, you may have got a lecture. Once it was inked, you're done.

I agree.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Call me dumb, but if the gauge wasn't seated properly in the photo and on the skin flap and not on the hard part of the carapace between the eyes, it would be showing it as a larger lobster than what it is. Just the opposite of your argument.

EXACTLY!!!!

Bingo.... ding ding ding winner!!

I tried to point out that very thing earlier as well, but yes, this guy is entirely correct!!

The picture clearly shows the gauge between the horns and below the edge. I fully agree that a lobster can be measured incorrectly, but as has been said in this case, and going by the photo, if the gauge wasn't seated properly between the horns, then it would only be favoring the fisherman by making the bug carapace measure larger than the actual legal size.

Why am I still reading this thread LOL :imdumb:

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    EXACTLY!!!!

Bingo.... ding ding ding winner!!

I tried to point out that very thing earlier as well, but yes, this guy is entirely correct!!

The picture clearly shows the gauge between the horns and below the edge. I fully agree that a lobster can be measured incorrectly, but as has been said in this case, and going by the photo, if the gauge wasn't seated properly between the horns, then it would only be favoring the fisherman by making the bug carapace measure larger than the actual legal size.

Why am I still reading this thread LOL :imdumb:

The unknown fisherman:p:

LOL, I'll call you dumb though, in fun.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses

Upvote 0

SEASQUIRT

Jun 4, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    16ft, Sea Fox, SEASQUIRT
    I see in the pic that he is off the shell between the eyes about the same distance it looks like. The officer is clearly not measuring correctly. The gage is back off the eye shell about 1/8 inch and the back shows about 1/8 inch. It looks very close to call from here but I think you might have a chance. Good Luck

Reactions: middleofnowhere
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    You guys arguing over a picture of a lobster and gauge should just stop ! i dont know what it is you think you see but that picture doesnt show legal or illegal.Its a picture that is all.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    E
    I see in the pic that he is off the shell between the eyes about the same distance it looks like. The officer is clearly not measuring correctly. The gage is back off the eye shell about 1/8 inch and the back shows about 1/8 inch. It looks very close to call from here but I think you might have a chance. Good Luck

Exactly!....ding...ding...ding!!!! Sorry mike,(unknown) I JUST had to....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    It IS a zombie thread!

Upvote 0

GoodToGo

Mar 17, 2009
    San Diego
    Name
    Matthew
    Boat
    32 Carver
    Been down this road.
    Go to court.
    Public Defender will "counsel" you regarding the DA's plea bargain.
    I took the bargain, pled no contest, and agreed to a citation for fishing without a license. (Yes, I had a license)
    ~$125 after fees n such.

Reactions: matta57
    Upvote 0

Marcus

"Oddjob"
    May 21, 2004
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Marcus
    Boat
    Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
    Reactions: billybob0074
    Upvote 0

brion

Jan 5, 2012
    Buena Park
    Name
    Brion
    Boat
    n/a
    I have had an encounter with officer McPrick, I mean McCain in the past. He's that one bad apple that ruins the bunch. I am sure most wardens/officers are cool, but this guy is a MAJOR PRICK. I've heard one of his colleague bad mouth this guy. That's how bad he is.

I fought a ticket he gave me in court and he was a no show. It was dismissed. Same with my friend, one month before mine. I would fight it and take the 50/50 chance that he will not show. If he does show and you don't care to argue your case, you can plead guilty to the judge and request a reduction in the $ amount. Wait until you see the $ amount. After your explanation, I am sure the judge would show leniency and reduce the fine. Just remember to show up in court in professional attire and be VERY RESPECTFUL to the judge.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ultimate Catch
    Upvote 0

conchydong

Untitled
    Jun 5, 2008
    Pompano Beach FL
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Rock Bottom
    I have had an encounter with officer McPrick, I mean McCain in the past. He's that one bad apple that ruins the bunch. I am sure most wardens/officers are cool, but this guy is a MAJOR PRICK. I've heard one of his colleague bad mouth this guy. That's how bad he is.

I fought a ticket he gave me in court and he was a no show. It was dismissed. Same with my friend, one month before mine. I would fight it and take the 50/50 chance that he will not show. If he does show and you don't care to argue your case, you can plead guilty to the judge and request a reduction in the $ amount. Wait until you see the $ amount. After your explanation, I am sure the judge would show leniency and reduce the fine. Just remember to show up in court in professional attire and be VERY RESPECTFUL to the judge.

Good luck.

Well, If this particular officer is following this thread, you may have just given him extra incentive to show up in court for this case. It is a fact that LEO's regularly peruse fishing forums and Facebook looking for possible violations.

Upvote 0

bus kid

rebmem nwonk llew
    Feb 8, 2009
    www.spacex.com
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Skipjack 20 open
    333 THATS FOR ME!

Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sep 22, 2003
    San Diego,Ca
    Name
    Derek
    Boat
    complicated
    Been down this road.
    Go to court.
    Public Defender will "counsel" you regarding the DA's plea bargain.
    I took the bargain, pled no contest, and agreed to a citation for fishing without a license. (Yes, I had a license)
    ~$125 after fees n such.

WRONG no Public Defender in Traffic Court

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.