Not open for further replies.

Gary Schulte

Oct 9, 2009
San Diego
Name
Gary Schulte
Boat
Proline 20 CC
13 pages and after the first 5 I skipped to the end. Just wondering if the thickness of the officers gauge might play a role in how it measures. The area between the horns may not be wide enough for that gauge to fit right. I think most of us use gauges that are about half the thickness that the officer used. I don't have a bug handy to look at right now but it seems to me if his gauge was thick, the horns might prevent it from touching the front of the carapace and would give a false short measurement.

bug.jpg

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
Pop corn, peanuts, candy, and a prize, that's what ya get when you measure it wrong.:D Also if the gauge was fatter it would not fit down in between the eyes all the way.:spank::spank: So yes it would be short.

Upvote 0

Pescatore

Sep 17, 2008
Corona, CA
Name
Ed
Boat
Shamrock Mackinaw 270
First time responder, long time reader... That DFG officer already had his mind made up when he said "that lobster looks short".

If I were in your situation i would say...sure let me get it for you, then i would toss it in the water and say ooooops! Sorry my son must have mixed that one in without measuring it. how about these other ones? nothing he can do at that point except measure his D!k.

Fight the ticket u may get lucky if the officer got food poison from all the "short" lobsters he ate and couldnt show up.

Reactions: BiggestT
Upvote 0

nightdiver

Oct 2, 2014
Name
Brian
Boat
na
Been reading for awhile on here but never signed up till now. As an avid lobster diver I appreciate and respect the warden for keeping it fair! That lobster in the picture is clearly short. Why should I pass on bugs that size if other people are going to be keeping them?? You earned that ticket wether it was intentional or a mistake. Man up and deal with it. As far as the warden having an attitude, there's two sides to every story and we've only heard one side so I won't comment on that. But I will say I've been checked two times this year and they were both super cool.

Upvote 0

Gary Schulte

Oct 9, 2009
San Diego
Name
Gary Schulte
Boat
Proline 20 CC
I was out Saturday night in the big bay and fully expected to be checked. When we got back there was no DFG in sight. One of my crew said they saw a couple DFG trucks in the parking lot but I didn't.

Couple years back, maybe last year, we got boarded just off the Shelter Island ramp on the way in. All was good and they let us go. A few minutes later when we were in the parking lot dividing up the catch we were appraoched by another DFG officer. I just about lost it. I said go ahead and check us again, fine, but we just got boarded by your buddies in the zodiac. You know, he was an older guy and could feel my frustration. He just thanked us and drove off. I guess I had just hit my limit in patience after spending the last few hours with naval security, harbor police, customs, etc. all out there that night. So their not all dicks.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
First time responder, long time reader... That DFG officer already had his mind made up when he said "that lobster looks short".

If I were in your situation i would say...sure let me get it for you, then i would toss it in the water and say ooooops! Sorry my son must have mixed that one in without measuring it. how about these other ones? nothing he can do at that point except measure his D!k.

Fight the ticket u may get lucky if the officer got food poison from all the "short" lobsters he ate and couldnt show up.

Let me know how that ooops works out for you when you try. He might try to give you a destruction of evidence charge, at minimum an obstruction of justice charge. Which are both felonies I believe. Not wise.

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white

One of the dumbest posts so far !

Upvote 0

Pescatore

Sep 17, 2008
Corona, CA
Name
Ed
Boat
Shamrock Mackinaw 270
One of the dumbest posts so far !

My reply to the thread was for the original poster. not for you other guys who enjoy bashing other"s posts every chance u get on here. I have been boarded by DFG many times and know how to handle their trick questions.

Here this is my measuring device...if you want to see how big my foot is in person im at the ramp a lot come say hi i will give you some more helpful advice about your maritime rights. They are NOT the same as on land.

image.jpg

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
My reply to the thread was for the original poster. not for you other guys who enjoy bashing other"s posts every chance u get on here. I have been boarded by DFG many times and know how to handle their trick questions.

Here this is my measuring device...if you want to see how big my foot is in person im at the ramp a lot come say hi i will give you some more helpful advice about your maritime rights. They are NOT the same as on land.

View attachment 547372

Besides, to oops the lobster would have meant he knew the lobster was short. While he may need to choose to not keep such a close to legal lobster, I think he has made it clear he did not intentionally keep a short.

Reactions: Ultimate Catch
Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I wonder what 'sitonmyface' guy thinks about this?

I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't be obvious about it though. Drop the lobster act pissed like I just dropped a legal bug. But to be honest, I don't really give a shit. Early goose opens this weekend I'm done fishing time to kill honkers.

You gays have fun playing with lobsters.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white

View attachment 547372
You have a small foot

Reactions: wils
Upvote 0

Tebbis69

Jul 23, 2012
Trabuco Canyon
Name
Greg
Boat
Missy Miss
Our small family businees does contract work for the DFG. From speaking to officers over the years lobster season is thier equivalent to the super bowl. From the DFG side its literally all hands on deck to enforce the season. Every available officer is called to duty, underwater officers with scuba armed to the teeth, night patrols, air surveillance, choppers, boats, land/shore patrols. Just have to be smart out there, be in compliance, be respectful, and nobody should have any problems. And do not have outstanding warrents.

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
That is a short bug........

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    It is clearly short. Game Warden is just doing his job. Why would you even post this?

Because the point is that it was of legal size on my guage and therefore kept it. The pic was taken by me as the warden was measuring it.

I understand your confused but read all 14 pages and get with the program. I like posting pics of my short illegal catches then put them on the net so that everyone can laught at me and tell me what an idiot I'm.

Is this a good enough reason for you?

Last edited:
    Reactions: middleofnowhere
    Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    I doubt anymore can be discussed on this thread.... amazing 14 pages of everyone ones opinions...

would someone kindly put it to sleep and give it a rest..... the truth will be know when it goes to court.....

then resume with the court findings..................

Have a great day...............

Reactions: Ultimate Catch
    Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    I will keep everyone posted. Court date is in December, stay tuned.

Reactions: gecsr1
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts