Randy
Boat
30' Kona Star
fuk me . . .

$450 day off work
$351 fine
$ gasoline / parking
aggravation + standing there barking about a fucking lobster

All over a few thousandths of an inch ???

Drop the babies back overboard.

All I am saying.

Why do people worship these things to the point of going to court ?????

Pretty much sums it up right there.

LOL

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
Mar 19, 2008
Insane Diego, CA
Name
Randy
Boat
30' Kona Star
He then said "are you questioning my authority " ?

cartman-respect-my-authority-570x404.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimmH

Captain
Jun 23, 2003
Rancho Bernardo-San Diego
instrumentengineers.com
Name
Jimm
Boat
98 Grady White 228; Cobra Maurader kayak
You're wrong!

Go to court. Judges have zero respect for those buttholes and will throw the ticket out. Just be respectful to the judge, wear a suit and tie and site the following:

http://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-disputes/summary-of-the-rules-of-evidence.html

There is no longer any EVIDENCE of a crime. You will win!!!

I don't know if the judge you will get will think any more of less of a Fish and Wildlife Officer than any other Law Enforcement Officer, so, if you go to court-
Wear a Coat and Tie
Put an American Flag Lapel Pin on the Coat.
Get your lobster gauge a certificate pf Calibration by taking it to an NIST rated Cal Lab. Call some one like Anmar Metrology (off Miramar Road) or Ankor Metrology (in Vista ) to find out what that might cost. (I'm thinking $30). Bring the Certand discuss how the lobster was legal based on the "calibrated instrument of measurement". Ask for the officer's certification.

Be prepared to lose because the legal system isn't perfect and justice doesn't always prevail. AND, by the way, the Judge just might see it as a SHORT.

I think most DFW are nice guys and low key, but I still don't trust them. Kind of like trusting a ref to make the right call in a game. You kept one that was close and that let them make a call... and they called it against you. You might consider Keeping only clearly legals in the future as has been suggested by numerous guys.

Sorry

Reactions: makairaa
Upvote 0

rhamilton210

Adventurous sort
Mar 20, 2006
Poway
Name
Ron
Boat
18 Glastron, BBLU
If you fight it... and they don't dismiss or lessen penalty on the first day, you might be looking at 5 to 6 separate court appearances = 5-6 days off work/vacation time burned... but note, not only are you looking at a Large Fine... you are also looking at a Misdemeanor on your record. If you don't have a job, good luck finding one... Or two more "strikes" and you are out. IMO, Fishing Violations like this should be an "Infraction" (fix it ticket/toss it back), not "Misdemeanor" (Hard Core Criminal) e.g. DUI, Shop Lifting, etc. If you had a Cooler Full of Shorts, then that's a different story...

FIGHT IT! Go to court, learn about government malfeasance and abuse of power. Learn your way around the court system and understand that your rights are being eroded on an almost daily basis. Google the shit out of other peoples illegal bug posts and prepare your case in utmost detail. Prepare concise opening remarks (3 bullet points) and then KEY ITEM, figure out some way the warden mis-measured the bug. Get creative and lie your ass off. Be prepared fir the judges questioning statements. Judge might just be busy that day and gavel DISMISSED. Always better to appear and appeal to the court. Be DEFERENTIAL to the judge, concise, factual (know time and date, etc.) and humble. You might walk...or just open your wallet and let your rights be eroded like most people do. Still, the chance the judge sides with you vs. the Warden is between 0-1. Judge gets a cut for his court don't ya know. With all that said, I'm most passionate against poaching and will bust anyone that does. Shove a short in your wetsuit and I lose all respect for you. Do yourself a favor and shave some metal off your gauge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rhamilton210

Adventurous sort
Mar 20, 2006
Poway
Name
Ron
Boat
18 Glastron, BBLU
You know the Judge goes home and kicks his dog in the face after a day of 'lobster court', right ?
Sorry, I am in the process of reading all the emails and came across this one...I know three SD judges, a defense lawyer and a federal prosecutor, personally. All are upstanding and honorable gentlemen. Just saying and lying doesn't help me in any way whatsoever.

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
FIGHT IT! ................. Get creative and lie your ass off.

Sorry, I am in the process of reading all the emails and came across this one...I know three SD judges, a defense lawyer and a federal prosecutor, personally. All are upstanding and honorable gentlemen. Just saying and lying doesn't help me in any way whatsoever.

EXCELLENT double-speak. Must be contagious, eh?

Upvote 0

rhamilton210

Adventurous sort
Mar 20, 2006
Poway
Name
Ron
Boat
18 Glastron, BBLU
Resistance is futile, and you won't be the only one in court. Pay up and move on. Don't waste a day in court, they don't care about your story. They want what's in your wallet
Apply this attitude to all levels of government and we get what we deserve. You have a right to your day in court and use it or lose it.

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Did you get an estimated weight on that? About 18 pounds? JK

Good luck in the future.

Good fishin'!
BDC OK

Upvote 0

rhamilton210

Adventurous sort
Mar 20, 2006
Poway
Name
Ron
Boat
18 Glastron, BBLU
Can you plead not guilty see if he brings that same guage to court?
NICE...ask the judge to see the actual gauge used to measure the bug in question. Assuming the Warden is not dumb enough to not bring it, ask about the "providence" that this was actually the one used to measure the bug and ask for proof that it is one that was used. Works for red light cams...

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    NICE...ask the judge to see the actual gauge used to measure the bug in question. Assuming the Warden is not dumb enough to not bring it, ask about the "providence" that this was actually the one used to measure the bug and ask for proof that it is one that was used. Works for red light cams...

Give it up already!!!

Upvote 0

rhamilton210

Adventurous sort
    Mar 20, 2006
    Poway
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    18 Glastron, BBLU
    Not a game warden but have and continue to work with many of them. As I stated in an earlier post, these guys bust their ass and have arguably the most difficult jobs in the state. Low pay, shit hours, long shifts, limited resources, and have to deal with people like you.
    I forgot to mention I know a DFG Warden...total class act. If you are short, than FU. All these guys, we swim together and love the ocean.

Reactions: steelhead88
    Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 18, 2005
    Vista
    Name
    Ray Collier
    Boat
    23' Sea Swirl Striper
    Okay, 2nd year hooper. What is a "clicker?"

Almost legal but not.

Just like one that is barley legal we call them first year legal last year legal.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    Yeah, I wonder how many pages it would have gotten if I poached it?

I disagree.....I have learned a bunch of stuff on this thread....and I don't fish lobster....

its all good. We are rootin' for ya bro! sucks to get caught in the grey area.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    I disagree.....I have learned a bunch of stuff on this thread....and I don't fish lobster....

Thanks, I have learned a lot myself.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner

I think the word you are looking for is provenance. Providence is the capital of Rhode Island.

Upvote 0

FishinChic

Almost A Member
    May 15, 2011
    Chula Vista, CA
    Name
    Karen
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28

Agreed! Had never heard of a 'clicker' & did not know how to measure a lobster. A couple of my friends go lobstering & it sounds like fun. How long does the season run?

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.