antdog562

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 25, 2013
norwalk
Name
Anthony
Boat
22' bayrunner
i have fuel tank issues on a cheap boat. i figured it would be a whole lot easier just to add an external tank rather than spending more time and money than its really worth. i hopefully plan on upgrading this next year, so this plan will hopefully keep us fishing this season. does anyone know of a local place that can fabricate a custom tank for me? and could it be made of hard plastic or similar material? thanks in advance for any help...

antdog562

Sep 25, 2013
norwalk
Name
Anthony
Boat
22' bayrunner
thanks for the help guys. i think i am looking into the moeller, and the best spot to strap it down. thanks again

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
you should remove the old tank, could be dangerous , containing fumes...

sbsurfer

Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat
29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
I just had IMCO make a custom aluminum tank for my Hobie Skiff and gotta say they did great work. When you're ready to tackle the problem of replacing the in-the-deck tank I'd go with IMCO. For a plastic above deck tank Moeller would be a great option.

antdog562

Sep 25, 2013
norwalk
Name
Anthony
Boat
22' bayrunner
thanks for all the feedback guys. i dont think all the work of replacing the tank is worth it. id really like to be in a newer model center console by next year, and all that money and time could be put towards that

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
A custom plastic tank is un-realistic. Cost of a custom mold is VERY expensive. Find a tank from a company like Moeller as close to the size you would like need and make it work.