FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Soft sides says sure glad everyone is okay.
Hard side says nice fishing report, meth lab onboard.

Upvote 0

Tues

Not my job...
Mar 17, 2008
Saluki
Name
Penis
John get back on your medications Bro..........where the fuck did you get Meth Lab from the story as reported ???

All white people have meth labs...
All black people like fried chicken...
All Mexicans like beans...
All Chinese people like Chinese food...
All Charger fans are gay...

Duh!

:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
That sucks,

Hope no one was seriously injured...

Upvote 0

JBG

Almost A Member
Sep 19, 2003
Huntington Harbor
Visit site
Name
J Gore
Boat
BECKY G
Soft sides says sure glad everyone is okay.
Hard side says nice fishing report, meth lab onboard.

Wow. You are a dick. I was down there on my morning run when it happened. It was a small boat with an I/O. The engine died, the operator opened the engine hatch and, (as he did this) it exploded. It was amazing how loud the explosion was. I am glad (and pleasantly surprised) that they were not more seriously hurt or killed.

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
One of my biggest fears on a boat.

Glad to see nobody got killed.

Upvote 0

hobiefish

I am not always Grumpy; somtimes I am fishing!
Mar 16, 2007
Chino
Name
duane
Boat
Hobie
I was fishing the breakwall and heard a large thud and then heard "Mayday" from a nearby boat. It happened so fast that I don't think the people in the boat new what happened. They are lucky to be alive.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
John get back on your medications Bro..........where the fuck did you get Meth Lab from the story as reported ???

Well at least you called me bro. :rofl:
When did you become so sensitive Stan?
Why must you be so personal when I just generalized, as another categorized.

It . . . . . was . . . . . a . . . . . joke!

LAUGH! It's good for your soul!

Upvote 0

TonyH54

Whiskey Tango
May 9, 2010
Fullerton, Ca
Name
Antonio Pendejo
Boat
Ask Jerry
Sooo.... The old question, "why do you have to turn the exhaust blower on before starting the motor". Answer, "BOOOOOOMMMMM". A one in a million incident.
Or possibly, Mr. Joe Boater, cigarett in mouth with whole family and dog on board had to go pop the hatch and see why motor would not start.
Just a couple of simple explanations.

Upvote 0

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
wonder if the infusion of oxygen when they opened the top set it off, musta been pretty rich in there

Upvote 0

flytyer

Jul 3, 2008
Ridgecrest, CA, USA
Name
Allen
Boat
Triumph 170CC/Yamaha
Wow. You are a dick. I was down there on my morning run when it happened. It was a small boat with an I/O. The engine died, the operator opened the engine hatch and, (as he did this) it exploded. It was amazing how loud the explosion was. I am glad (and pleasantly surprised) that they were not more seriously hurt or killed.

I also hope that all involved recover completely.

The events described here fit in with a fuel/air environment having insufficient oxygen to combust, with introduction of air at hatch opening to enable combustion. Fuel/air mixtures can be INCREDIBLY destructive when they initiate and combust.

Upvote 0

Hooops

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"

X3- Dark gray smoke from our dock -no visual - hope all are ok.

Upvote 0

flying bait

Sep 28, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
Trophy 2352
I wasn't in the area, but was monitoring ch16 in Oceanside while fishing. Both me and my wife could not believe what we heard.... And just the night before she was asking why I always insist on proper engine starting procedures. Didn't had explain after she heard the Mayday call on the radio.

If remember correctly, i did hear one of the rescue crew mentioned fuel leak was involved.

B

Upvote 0

Mikieb

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2011
Huntington Beach, Calif.
Name
Mike
Boat
Crash & Burn
I heard and felt it all the way out at the double oil rigs about 9 miles out.

We were 100 yards in front. of it in our boat when it blew, so you can just imagine what we felt & heard. The only good thing was how much help was close by for those unfortunate people.

Upvote 0

Lou W

registered offender
Apr 7, 2004
Poway, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
Rabbit Hole
Another reason why, throughout the day, I lift the cover many times and scan for leaks and such. 1st start in teh morning is done with the cover up and the cover does not go down till its warmed up and everything is dry. Gas and sea water

Upvote 0

Mikieb

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2011
Huntington Beach, Calif.
Name
Mike
Boat
Crash & Burn
Absolutely insane, just like a bomb going off ! Oh by the way hooping was good last night at Cat. Late crawl & tons of squid both live & dead coming up in our hoops.

Upvote 0