Soda Pop

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Captain says it’s time to take a look around. Lunch in about 5 minutes. Even know it’s slow everyone is having fun on the BIG X. more to come later.

Reactions: stephen campbell

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Update. I took a long nap. Sometimes fishing can be slow. No just slow but really slow. Now to be fair not many of us are fishing today as it’s cold and windy with a uphill current and man it’s windy. We’re going to duck somewhere out of the wind tonight. Intrepid shows up early AM right next to us. We sit tight but then we move. Guess what there behind us now. Any closer I would say there in our chum line. More to come.

Reactions: raw66 and shellback

sk8ingtuna

Mar 8, 2008
Lawndale, Ca
Name
Richard
Boat
not yet
Update. I took a long nap. Sometimes fishing can be slow. No just slow but really slow. Now to be fair not many of us are fishing today as it’s cold and windy with a uphill current and man it’s windy. We’re going to duck somewhere out of the wind tonight. Intrepid shows up early AM right next to us. We sit tight but then we move. Guess what there behind us now. Any closer I would say there in our chum line. More to come.
They can’t get enough of ya Soda, want to snuggle up to ya. :D

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Update. I took a long nap. Sometimes fishing can be slow. No just slow but really slow. Now to be fair not many of us are fishing today as it’s cold and windy with a uphill current and man it’s windy. We’re going to duck somewhere out of the wind tonight. Intrepid shows up early AM right next to us. We sit tight but then we move. Now there behind us. I wouldn’t say there in our chum line but any closer they sure would be.

dh515

Sep 18, 2004
So Cal
Name
David
Boat
Intrepid, Red Rooster III, Spirit of Adventure
Update. I took a long nap. Sometimes fishing can be slow. No just slow but really slow. Now to be fair not many of us are fishing today as it’s cold and windy with a uphill current and man it’s windy. We’re going to duck somewhere out of the wind tonight. Intrepid shows up early AM right next to us. We sit tight but then we move. Now there behind us. I wouldn’t say there in our chum line but any closer they sure would be.
Maybe they want to throw you a party. :p

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
On our way to a new destination. Last spot was great fishing till the last day. Conditions changed so it’s time to try another spot.

Reactions: hilltop

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Its 3 AM. When you’re in bed at 7PM you’re up early. Captain says we’re doing a bit of traveling today. Use the hand rails because it’s going to get a bit bumpy. There are several destinations we can go to being on a 16 day. We will know more as the time passes by. Might be a good day for movies and naps.

Reactions: hilltop

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Rest assured they feel the same way.
I'm not into this whole boat bashing thing and don't ever comment on a boat I've never fished but......

It's bad business when you drive off a customer that spends as much money on trips every year like David. With a very narrow and shrinking customer base evident with all of the trips going out light guys like Soda are hard to come by. If that's their mentality then that says a lot. Just a bad business decision

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Rest assured they feel the same way.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out why you needed to say that. Soda Pop is a great guy. On one of my trips, he hooked and handed many many fish.
He truly loved seeing others have fun. There was no ulterior motive, just wanted his new friends to enjoy what we have been doing for years.
As a room mate I've once had the pleasure of spending a 15 day trip with, I'd gladly share a room with Soda anytime.

I'm not into this whole boat bashing thing and don't ever comment on a boat I've never fished but......

It's bad business when you drive off a customer that spends as much money on trips every year like David. With a very narrow and shrinking customer base evident with all of the trips going out light guys like Soda are hard to come by. If that's their mentality then that says a lot. Just a bad business decision
It sure seems to be harder and more difficult to fill trips. I don't understand that either.