backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
Nothing quite like "wide open" Wahoo. I hear from a reliable source that Justin said it was the "best" Wahoo fishing he has ever seen... and I'm certain he has seen plenty.
Green with envy.

https://www.facebook.com/ExcelSportfishing

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
Best year I can ever remember for fishin the skinnies... AND so consistent at the Rocks. Unreal.

Upvote 0

yft1979

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
Wow, thats insane!

Upvote 0

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
They posted the report on the excel web page on the 2nd. Sounds great

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
I am on this trip now. It is the BEST Wahoo fishing I have ever seen. Tuna fishing is up and down... but were picking them off ... a few at a time. PL 68's were doing ok early this morning.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
I am on this trip now. It is the BEST Wahoo fishing I have ever seen. Tuna fishing is up and down... but were picking them off ... a few at a time. PL 68's were doing ok early this morning.

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
Nothing quite like "wide open" Wahoo. I hear from a reliable source that Justin said it was the "best" Wahoo fishing he has ever seen... and I'm certain he has seen plenty.
Green with envy.

https://www.facebook.com/ExcelSportfishing

Well it was the best I've ever seen, constant jig strikes all day, consistent size and quantity, and we left them after a day and a half. 225 of them in the holds. Add to that half of our group were wahoo rookies and they all got 8-10 each.

Reactions: Anglewood
Upvote 0

AKSalmon

• Jul 15, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Name
    Bill Brown
    Boat
    Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
    That's amazing. Congrats to everyone who got into the wahoo action. I hope it's still there in mid-March when I get there on the RRIII. But I am curious: Why is this happening? Warmer water temperature? Have the currents changed? Is it just a lucky random event?

Upvote 0

DannyNoonan

Smarter than I look...
    Apr 17, 2007
    3rd dumpster on the right
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Lund LX200 LFC
    That's amazing. Congrats to everyone who got into the wahoo action. I hope it's still there in mid-March when I get there on the RRIII. But I am curious: Why is this happening? Warmer water temperature? Have the currents changed? Is it just a lucky random event?

Once again, I'm going with Obama...

(with an election year coming up soon, it should be no surprise)

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid

Same thing happened in 2005 and the spectacular action on big tuna……shit happens.

Upvote 0

dh515

• Sep 18, 2004
    So Cal
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Intrepid, Red Rooster III, Spirit of Adventure
    Strangely on our January 14 day, wahoo were conspicuously absent from Hurricane and the Buffer zone. Maybe they are all at Alijos.

Reactions: sk8ingtuna
    Upvote 0

ifish42na

No Bad Days
    Oct 23, 2004
    Harrington Park, NJ
    www.bhptackle.com
    Name
    Basil
    Boat
    Friends With Boats
    We had 22 or 23 over 100lb yesterday including a 218 for Glenn Gonzales. The big tuna are spawning and very fussy right now. They wouldn't eat sardines or chunks for the most part. Skipjack or small YFT worked very well early morning. Bait of choice however was live flyer on kite. Captain Justin later made the call for Yummee Flyers and slow trolled them on 2 kites in the afternoon and it worked great. Tim was rewarded after 3 hours of trolling a Yummee off a rod way way back with a big one. Captain Fleck also fooled a big one with a Yummee under a helium balloon, skipped across the surface. Yummee are rigged on 200lb leader, big 7691 and Owner trebles. Weather is fantastic.

Upvote 0

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Any Boat that I can go on
    We had 22 or 23 over 100lb yesterday including a 218 for Glenn Gonzales. The big tuna are spawning and very fussy right now. They wouldn't eat sardines or chunks for the most part. Skipjack or small YFT worked very well early morning. Bait of choice however was live flyer on kite. Captain Justin later made the call for Yummee Flyers and slow trolled them on 2 kites in the afternoon and it worked great. Tim was rewarded after 3 hours of trolling a Yummee off a rod way way back with a big one. Captain Fleck also fooled a big one with a Yummee under a helium balloon, skipped across the surface. Yummee are rigged on 200lb leader, big 7691 and Owner trebles. Weather is fantastic.

Hi Basil, thanks for that Yummy info,

Hope you guys are having a great time. Looks like weather is epic!

Upvote 0