Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Excel has added 2 trips in December both fishing Guadalupe island.

CB51BC44-EE79-477C-8BF7-F543D3C1EBCD.png

974B5AAA-914B-41CC-8967-56C328826AD7.png

mjm2

• Jun 24, 2021
    Miami
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    32 Contender
    Excel has added 2 trips in December both fishing Guadalupe island.

View attachment 1319234

View attachment 1319235
    Thanks for the info. Since I am mainly interested in big tuna and not so much wahoo, I am thinking of signing up for trip two, let them figure out any issues on trip one. Do you know if the 550$ is included in the price or added on? Happy to see this kind of trip so no issues with some customers wanting to go or not go.
    Soda, do you have any experience or thoughts on Guadalupe in December? Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Thanks for the info. Since I am mainly interested in big tuna and not so much wahoo, I am thinking of signing up for trip two, let them figure out any issues on trip one. Do you know if the 550$ is included in the price or added on? Happy to see this kind of trip so no issues with some customers wanting to go or not go.
    Soda, do you have any experience or thoughts on Guadalupe in December? Much appreciated.

Michael,
    I booked trip #2. just because I am coming in the day before on a 11 day. The $550.00 is not included in the trip price and there are also Mexican permits that are more to add on. Call the Excel office to see what the total of everything that's extra... not included in the price of the trip. I haven't fished the Lupe in December but have been there a few times this year. The trips I did this year the fishing has been very good with bigger tuna than years past. Going anywhere from 70-140 on the tuna. I was using #60 with a fluro topshot of #60. A size 2/0 or 3/0 worked great. You will need a rod that can cast and a smaller type reel. I was using a Talica 16 paired with a UC rod rated 60-100. Most trips I got my limit and the one trip I was close at 13 tuna up to 128.

Last edited:
    Reactions: locvetter and mjm2
    Upvote 0

mjm2

• Jun 24, 2021
    Miami
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    32 Contender
    Michael,
    I booked trip #2. just because I am coming in the day before on as 11 day. The $55.00 is not included in the trip price and there are also Mexican permits that are more to add on. Call the Excel office to see what the total of everything that's extra... not included in the price of the trip. I haven't fished the Lupe in December but have been there a few times this year. The trips I did this year the fishing has been very good with bigger tuna than years past. Going anywhere from 70-140 on the tuna. I was using #60 with a fluro topshot of #60. A size 2/0 or 3/0 worked great. You will need a rod that can cast and a smaller type reel. I was using a Talica 16 paired with a UC rod rated 60-100. Most trips I got my limit and the one trip I was close at 13 tuna up to 128.
    Spoke to Jason and just signed up for trip two. I look forward to meeting and fishing with you! Until then, tight lines. I am very excited.

Reactions: Soda Pop
    Upvote 0

mjm2

• Jun 24, 2021
    Miami
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    32 Contender
    Michael,
    I booked trip #2. just because I am coming in the day before on as 11 day. The $55.00 is not included in the trip price and there are also Mexican permits that are more to add on. Call the Excel office to see what the total of everything that's extra... not included in the price of the trip. I haven't fished the Lupe in December but have been there a few times this year. The trips I did this year the fishing has been very good with bigger tuna than years past. Going anywhere from 70-140 on the tuna. I was using #60 with a fluro topshot of #60. A size 2/0 or 3/0 worked great. You will need a rod that can cast and a smaller type reel. I was using a Talica 16 paired with a UC rod rated 60-100. Most trips I got my limit and the one trip I was close at 13 tuna up to 128.
    Regular mutu or other circle hooks, no ring, or ringed? Super mutu’s? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Regular mutu or other circle hooks, no ring, or ringed? Super mutu’s? Thanks.
    I like the ringed circle hooks but have been bit on J hooks also. Circle hooks I feel I get the fish to stick better. I fish Owner Mutu or Charlie brown hooks. If you don't have the hooks you need I will have tons to share. It will be great to share the rail with you.

Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
    Dec 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Chris L
    Boat
    Leo's
    I’m no Soda, but I do fish Guadalupe every year at the end of Nov/start of Dec. I don’t think the Excel will have any kinks to work out on that first trip. Every year is a little different, but it’s a great time to fish there.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    I’m no Soda, but I do fish Guadalupe every year at the end of Nov/start of Dec. I don’t think the Excel will have any kinks to work out on that first trip. Every year is a little different, but it’s a great time to fish there.
    Excel has the Lupe dialed in. I had to book trip #2 because I come home from a 11 day the day before trip #1 leaves. Gives me a few days with the wife.

Reactions: locvetter and TOTW

Tim Turis

Sep 16, 2004
    Atlanta GA
    Name
    Tim Turis
    Boat
    n/a
    I’m on the first Excel December Guadalupe trip leaving 12/8.

I fished Guadalupe on the Excel in December 2018 and 2019 (the boat did not go to Guadalupe in 2020).

If I can answer any questions about these trips or the Excel feel free to reach out to me.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Snagged one of the last slots for the trip leaving the 14th, should be fun!
    Ryan,
    I will see you on the trip. Was at the Lupe a couple of months ago and it was great fishing... payed a few taxes but not bad.

Upvote 0