Master Of All Thats Good
Nov 30, 2007
Yorba Linda
www.okumafishingusa.com
Name
Davey
Boat
Parker 1800 "Work Boat"
Just got back from the Okuma Excel 3 Day trip on Friday. Fishing was tough and the boat stuck it out to try to get the big fish. With reports of lots of small fish down the coast, Capt Mike decided to go big and headed to Clemente. One passenger hooked one on the popper on a foamer on the way out. The first full day was really slow until about 5pm when we landed two biggun's out of three hooked and about 10 take downs on the frozen flyers. Day two we stopped at the island for a handful of yellows then nothing else for the trip. Capt Mike made the right decision to try for the big ones though as it sounds like most boats had a tough day down south the second day.
I did manage this one on the frozen flyer. Three complete trips around the boat and an hour later this 232.5 hit the deck. My first Cow. I was pretty excited.
You can read the full report on my blog at http://daveysworld.com/long-range-fishing-close-to-home-giant-bluefin-tuna/
7AB5A6A0-FC5B-4BA1-AA5B-601F51188278-e1535151954596.jpeg

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
Just got back from the Okuma Excel 3 Day trip on Friday. Fishing was tough and the boat stuck it out to try to get the big fish. With reports of lots of small fish down the coast, Capt Mike decided to go big and headed to Clemente. One passenger hooked one on the popper on a foamer on the way out. The first full day was really slow until about 5pm when we landed two biggun's out of three hooked and about 10 take downs on the frozen flyers. Day two we stopped at the island for a handful of yellows then nothing else for the trip. Capt Mike made the right decision to try for the big ones though as it sounds like most boats had a tough day down south the second day.
I did manage this one on the frozen flyer. Three complete trips around the boat and an hour later this 232.5 hit the deck. My first Cow. I was pretty excited.
You can read the full report on my blog at http://daveysworld.com/long-range-fishing-close-to-home-giant-bluefin-tuna/
View attachment 958028
Managed that fat one on your 3-day that is a Keeper good job!! The rest of the one day over-nite fleet managed limit YFT/Skippy/SM-Dodo SM-Yellow fishing down and out a ways it says on the FD website but no biggies like that....sweet!

Reactions: Swampchicken

Swampchicken

Master Of All Thats Good
Nov 30, 2007
Yorba Linda
www.okumafishingusa.com
Name
Davey
Boat
Parker 1800 "Work Boat"
Thanks again Dave. The trip was slow but you and Okuma are always generous to all of us in your trips.

I can only hope that you guys had a little fun. Kind of wish we would have stuck around the island longer on that second day.

Wandering Blues

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
What, no limits of skipjack? o_O

Seriously good call by the Captain. I’m anxiously awaiting my 4.5 day going after the big boys.