Excalibur 7/23-7/26 2021 early season bluefin?

Fernando gil

Aug 17, 2019
Bakersfield
Name
Fernando
Boat
Grady white
How’s it going folks.... So I booked a early season trip on the Excalibur this year for July23-26 2.5 day. Is anyone else on that trip? It is already sold out. So I’ve never fished this boat before I’ve done lots of 2days before just never on this boat. So has anyone fished it in the last couple of years? So what I want to know is will they chase bluefin over a bunch of lil yellowtail or skip jack or dorado? Do they fly a kite on open charters? I know this isn’t one of the typical bluefin chasers that I know of. So that’s what I’d like to find out. I’m trying to find out if I should buy some dead flyers and be set up to send out flyers on a back pack rig. This is something I’ve seen done but never actually did it and would really like to give it a shot. So time and dates are a issue for me this year. And this boat and date was my window of opportunity so I had to do it. This year I won’t be able to do as much fishing as I would like to so gotta make the most out of the the opportunity. I hope there will be good early season bluefin fishing this year. It’s looking promising so far. But July is still a million days away..... so any information would be highly appreciated tight lines and hope to see you at the rail!!!

Reactions: Motofish