Wild Bill

Remind me again why I own a boat
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
And some of the mercury powerheads on the early smaller 4 strokes (up to 60hp or so) were Yamaha. Also larger Tohatsu = Honda.

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
The company that owned evinrude also makes boats I guess, they signed a deal with mercury for the outboards after shutting down evinrude

blindpig

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 25, 2010
Lynden
Name
Erik
Boat
25' Kingfisher
Bombardier bought Evinrude years ago. Maybe they will still be making their watercraft?

Reactions: FVSerenity

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Why is this not bigger news? Evinrude was pushing hard in the market. They just disappear?

Catchn Ry

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 19, 2011
Stanwood WA Snohomish
Name
Rydel aka "Knuckle Buster"
Boat
21' Olympic AIDEN DAWN RDC
I read the article about it and BRP sold the Evinrude name to Mercury Marine but not the Etech technology. BRP is building boats but don’t want to be in the outboard business. Not sure if Mercury will rebrand it or put her to rest.

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
They plan to continue servicing and supplying parts for their engines but not sure for how long. I would be a bit disappointed if I had just purchased a new motor.

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Outboard motors were invented by Evinrude,right here in America, and the loss decreases the number of choices we can make for ourselves.

Some of my best times occured whilst sitting a couple of feet away from an Evinrude motor.

WaKaTuna

Oct 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
Name
Shawn
Boat
65 Viking (cpt), 2850 kingfisher (mine)
Saves a lot of people a ton of disappointment. Time is precious, evinrude steals that from people cause their products don’t work. I know people will say “mine works great.” That’s the exception not the rule. Truth is you don’t see those motors anywhere that service is hard to come by, because they breakdown on a consistent basis.

RodRage

The Huntington Hillbilly
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Saves a lot of people a ton of disappointment. Time is precious, evinrude steals that from people cause their products don’t work. I know people will say “mine works great.” That’s the exception not the rule. Truth is you don’t see those motors anywhere that service is hard to come by, because they breakdown on a consistent basis.
Pffff, Evinrudes are the shit, 4,000 hrs on my last one with minimal issues over a 1000 on my current E-tec going strong, Maintenance is the key

5FDBD097-CC6C-4B3F-B37B-C53B5F777F01.png