Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
Having a tough time rounding up people that want to drive around in the cold for the weekend. Anybody have room or is anybody looking for a chance to fish this? Boat is ready and I have the weekend clear. Let's win a derby!
Good luck. You have Floyd, husby, and bumstead in a boat together. Stay home.

Grady226

Apr 17, 2009
Marysville,Wa
Name
Gary
Boat
22' Grady White
Having a tough time rounding up people that want to drive around in the cold for the weekend. Anybody have room or is anybody looking for a chance to fish this? Boat is ready and I have the weekend clear. Let's win a derby!
Eric, I have a seat if you wanna freeze!

I will be at the Bayside event later tonight

hawksfan75

More questions than answers
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Hydra Sports 2200 DC
Thanks Gary and good to talk to you today!

I ended up deciding to freeze with my kid at the Seahawks game instead. Good luck guys!

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
I did not know of the team fishing for this derby Ron aka Fishinut told us on Saturday. we caught 6 keepers for 5 fishing. Tossed the last 2 trying to catch the biggun. our biggest Yesterday was 6.94, another 6.5, a 5.08 and a 4.9#. Today we caught a nice Native (BITCH) and then 3 more small 4 to 5 pounders. Last one was caught at 1:30pm off of the southwest end of Camano off of Pebble Beach. Then we ran in to pull the boat before the awards ceremony. Next week we will play again.

Reactions: Swede

bigkahuna1028

Jul 25, 2009
Stanwood
Name
Lance
Boat
23 Alumaweld SVP
The team deal is kinda weird, it’s not total boat weight, Each team member was able to weigh in one fish, all team members fish added together and divided by the total number of team members. For example if you had 4 team members and each of you weighed in a 10lb fish for a total of 40lbs divided by 4 would give you a 10lb average.

Reactions: goatram

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Watch out for Wyatt Haskel, He is a threat to any kids entrant!
Took 4th in his first tourny, and went home with a truck full of prizes thanks to Team Miss Eliza.You are training him right Sally Boy!

Ducker!

Hunter Dan

Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
Congrats to Adam! A lurker here by name of sharphooks. Also a PSA SnoKing member and former vice pres. Told him he DESERVES and NEEDS to get a better GPS/plotter/fish finder with the winnings, but he is resisting.

gfakkema

Certified D.I.N.K. (Dual Income No Kids)
Sep 25, 2014
Auburn, Wa
Name
Gregg
Boat
22' Arima Sea Legend
Any idea why they don't just keep it simple and do total weight?
My guess would be so that you don't have to have all the teams be the same size. The way they have it structured, a team of 3 can compete with a team of 4 or 5. If you just did total weight, every team would have to be the same size or the larger teams would have a better chance. I'm not familiar with the rules for this derby, but that's my best guess.

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Congrats to Adam @sharphooks and to you and your team, Lance @bigkahuna1028 . Any idea why they don't just keep it simple and do total weight?
I believe it is so everyone is not weighing every little fish to get the most total weight for the boat and as a result the fishing gets shut down due to quota. And it gives a two man team a chance. I think it is a great idea for total boat / team weight overall.

digits

Sportsman
Apr 4, 2011
Everett, WA
Name
Joe
Boat
Voodoo Child
My guess would be so that you don't have to have all the teams be the same size. The way they have it structured, a team of 3 can compete with a team of 4 or 5. If you just did total weight, every team would have to be the same size or the larger teams would have a better chance. I'm not familiar with the rules for this derby, but that's my best guess.
Makes sense.... I was assuming there was a 4 angler team limit. Thanks for the reply.