Deno

NO SHENANIGANS....
Jun 23, 2006
EL CAJON.
Name
DENO
Boat
23 CC SEA PRO
WTG you guys! Ali, you have been working your ass off so I'm glad you hooked into some nice yellow.

Be talking to you soon.

j

He works?:boobies:

Upvote 0

mooningu

MLPA [email protected]!& DISTURBER
May 25, 2005
Lake Elsinore
Name
Dave Moon
Boat
S.S. Rosie Palm
Damn.........and here I thought you could only catch fish.........sometimes.............in PV Ali !! :D

Way to slay em' boyz !!

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Sorry for the late report, the show kick my @ss last night.

We heard about the Yellowtail biting at the Coronado Islands and Rockpile on Weds and had to get a little bit of the action before the show started.

Brant, Corky and I loaded up the Jihad for a island run on Thurs AM. We started at South Kelp Ridge and it was DEAD. We then ran down to the Rockpile which was also DEAD. So we started to run back up the line to check on the Middle Ground and Pukey Point.

When we were coming up the line we spotted some bird piles in the flats (area between South Island and the Smokestack in Rosarito). We ran over to investigate and found BIG Spots of breaking Yellowtails with Terns, Gulls and Shearwaters all over them. There were 4 to 5 nice size spots of fish up at anytime.

Three sporties and a handfull of skiffs were chasing the fish around. The fish were up and down FAST moving 100 yards at a clip.

Run and gun fishing at it's finest! Soooo much fun. We only had an hour to work it, but we managed to pull two bookend 25# Yellows out of the deal.

I got mine on a blue/white Fish Trap Iron 5oz. and Brant got his on a slow trolled bait and new Mustad Ringed Demon Circle Hook (perfect corner of the mouth shot).

GREAT way to start the exotic season.

There are a TON of fish out there and more coming up the line. Looks like we are in for a hell of a year.

The GPS numbers are available at Sea Surface Temperatures - California Fishing Reports - Fishdope.com

Get out there!
you look like the dude on inside sportfishing...is that you?

nice tails!

Upvote 0

Headshot

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 21, 2004
Lake Forest, CA.
Name
Tim
Boat
05' 2601 SeaSwirl Striper
Those are some beautiful fish! Some toads for sure!
Thanks for the report and some bad ass pic's!
Tim

Upvote 0

UnReel

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
Name
You couldn't say it anyway
Boat
24' Skipjack open "UnReel"
Congrats on the tails guys.

Upvote 0