plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Well i'm glad i went with a Tohatsu two stroke instead.I was going to buy the Etec but changed my mind.

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Seems like many of the guys running them got them for free. They had to have a lot of overhead costs weighing them down.

Last edited:

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Evinrude hasn’t been cool since the early 80s. Gonna miss the name cause I grew up with a pair of 1962 18hp “fastwin”s on the back of a pacific mariner catamaran but they’re quite the eye sore these days.

Reactions: Nosecrets

Kool-Aid

Mar 18, 2008
WA
Name
Jason
Boat
World Cat 266SF
Going to be interesting. XD100 was liquid gold before. If supply runs down it’s going to hit the black market for triple the price per gallon.

Loved my ETECs. Changed the way the defiance ran and hands down had more pick up than any other 220ex that was running around back then. They were great on the worldcat as well.

Will be interesting to hear what all the pro staff guys are going to have to deal with.

Reactions: Sea Tiger

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
I think my E tec has been a good motor, worse thing i had happen was a computer, Mechanically sound with 13 yrs on her, so screw you all na sayers!🖕
200HO.

I am abit preturbed by this, but am told that they will support them for 10 yrs...so in 10 yrs i may have to repower...hope they get them 4 strokes lighter...😔

frozenherring

Frozenherring
Feb 5, 2011
Seattle, USA
Name
Mario
Boat
Omega Three
E-Tec ownership summary as follows in 6 steps:

Step 1.
Buy lots of real expensive spark plugs, sacrifice a young lamb and sprinkle it’s blood across the cylinders, then take a sharpie and clock the spark plugs to they face exactly the right direction within .004 degrees. Pray....

step 2.
Buy at LEAST 2 different fuel pumps after your original. They will ALL look different by MOSTLY fit, upon installation you must have captured a tinker bell and shake the shit out of her onto said fuel pump so as to Coat it in pixie dust. Now Pray...

step 3.
Keep at least 2 Spare power trim units and solenoids handy, bust your nuckles changing them constantly, wonder why you’re going through all this, discover BRP is using original OMC power trim and parts with no upgrades on your new fangled 20,000$ motor, consider scheduling lobotomy....

Step 4.
Get lucky and put 600 Hours on your E-Tec, now replace every injector chasing a run quality issue to find out you have chipped reeds and all the injector work was pointless

Step 5.
Realize Mark Coleman put 16,000 trouble free hours on 4 different sets of 4-strokes I one season that only weigh 86 more pounds each than your E-tec.

step 6.
Realize your the lucky 1% who owned a 6.0 power stroke that didn’t ruin your life, Scream out in pain “ Accepte La Defaite” and get down with some silver, grey or black Samurai shit.

Rant over...

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
E-Tec ownership summary as follows in 6 steps:

Step 1.
Buy lots of real expensive spark plugs, sacrifice a young lamb and sprinkle it’s blood across the cylinders, then take a sharpie and clock the spark plugs to they face exactly the right direction within .004 degrees. Pray....

step 2.
Buy at LEAST 2 different fuel pumps after your original. They will ALL look different by MOSTLY fit, upon installation you must have captured a tinker bell and shake the shit out of her onto said fuel pump so as to Coat it in pixie dust. Now Pray...

step 3.
Keep at least 2 Spare power trim units and solenoids handy, bust your nuckles changing them constantly, wonder why you’re going through all this, discover BRP is using original OMC power trim and parts with no upgrades on your new fangled 20,000$ motor, consider scheduling lobotomy....

Step 4.
Get lucky and put 600 Hours on your E-Tec, now replace every injector chasing a run quality issue to find out you have chipped reeds and all the injector work was pointless

Step 5.
Realize Mark Coleman put 16,000 trouble free hours on 4 different sets of 4-strokes I one season that only weigh 86 more pounds each than your E-tec.

step 6.
Realize your the lucky 1% who owned a 6.0 power stroke that didn’t ruin your life, Scream out in pain “ Accepte La Defaite” and get down with some silver, grey or black Samurai shit.

Rant over...
What, no mention of the pricey special 2 stroke oil you must buy at Starbucks?

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
I think my E tec has been a good motor, worse thing i had happen was a computer, Mechanically sound with 13 yrs on her, so screw you all na sayers!🖕
200HO.

I am abit preturbed by this, but am told that they will support them for 10 yrs...so in 10 yrs i may have to repower...hope they get them 4 strokes lighter...😔
Not for nothing but the etec 200 is heavier than the yamaha 200.

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt

FishPimpII

Shopping for a boat...
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" And soon to be captain of fishpimpiii
I had a 1000 completely trouble free hours On an E-TEC 150 before I sold that boat. Add oil, spark plugs every couple hundred hours cuz I trolled on it a lot, two regular dealer services.
I know I was in the minority, but it was a good powerful motor.
But also agree with everyone that the modern 4 stroke technology had passed them by in everything but grunt out of the hole. And that probably isn’t worth dealing with everything else 2 stroke.
My new boat has opti-pops currently and one had issues on its second trip. Can’t wait for a pair of New/newer Quiet 4 strokes.

Reactions: Nick Rudnick

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Name
Chad Lukehart
Boat
Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
I had a 1000 completely trouble free hours On an E-TEC 150 before I sold that boat. Add oil, spark plugs every couple hundred hours cuz I trolled on it a lot, two regular dealer services.
I know I was in the minority, but it was a good powerful motor.
But also agree with everyone that the modern 4 stroke technology had passed them by in everything but grunt out of the hole. And that probably isn’t worth dealing with everything else 2 stroke.
My new boat has opti-pops currently and one had issues on its second trip. Can’t wait for a pair of New/newer Quiet 4 strokes.
Not minority in the least, I have a 13 year old Etec 150 on my small boat, keep XD100 in the oil tank, change impeller every few years, clean thermostats when I change the lower unit lube, spark plugs every fews years and run it like I stole it. Zero issues.