EPIC MAKO FISHING 6-10-13

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
Viking 57,Hatteras 52, Viking 65, Proline 27
wind on leaders are nice too.... for a release we just clip the leader with a good pair of cutters. have a back-up pair handy as they will knock them out of your hand occasionally. NEVER wrap a leader on your hand!!!!!
For the smaller fish we use a release stick and shove the hook out. We use all circle hooks so sometime it can be kind of difficult but it helps to flatten down the barb. With the large fish and the giant circles we use we pretty much have to clip it off as close as we can. Usually a foot or so from the hook.

dploc

Jul 14, 2007
dp
Name
chris
Boat
GRADY WHITE
I hooked 5 fish today over 500lbs!!!! Now book a trip with me and I'll show you where!!! And we'll release those fish to even if you want to keep them because I am a shark protecting shark hunter.

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
I hooked 5 fish today over 500lbs!!!! Now book a trip with me and I'll show you where!!! And we'll release those fish to even if you want to keep them because I am a shark protecting shark hunter.
Really, well thats more than we hooked, maybe I can pay you to come out with me and show me how its done. When you chum them up maybe you can radio one of your fishing buddies over and he can stick them.

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
Cant do anything with these sharks without pissing somebody off. You kill them people are mad, you release and some guy gets pissed. I guess we should have killed all 14 or so we saw and donated to the homeless shelters.

dploc

Jul 14, 2007
dp
Name
chris
Boat
GRADY WHITE
Next time just take some pics. When I'm sitting on the shitter checking emails and looking at posts I don't want to just read about big claims. I want to see some pics. I don't give a shit if you keep a shark once in awhile as long as your going to eat it. Put together a frickin news article with pictures like Cory does. You seem to be the master shark conjurer so we want to see it not just hear you talk about it. :). By the way you guys should of seen these 3 hot chicks I hooked up with last night. Epic!!!

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
Next time just take some pics. When I'm sitting on the shitter checking emails and looking at posts I don't want to just read about big claims. I want to see some pics. I don't give a shit if you keep a shark once in awhile as long as your going to eat it. Put together a frickin news article with pictures like Cory does. You seem to be the master shark conjurer so we want to see it not just hear you talk about it. :). By the way you guys should of seen these 3 hot chicks I hooked up with last night. Epic!!!
Well this is the exact reason why since this board and the other board have been in existence, I have never posted a fish report. I did not post this originally my partner in that particular boat did. All I did was answer a guys question about slow trolling, guess I should not try to give advice makes me look like a think I am the "master shark conjurer". Sorry to be so arrogant. We had one angler on board besides the two of us. Kind of hard to shoot pics, reel on the fish, drive the boat, leader and release. The one he ended up releasing was also in the dark. I shot GoPro Vid of one of the big ones that took off. Its nice but it isnt on a hook so why post that. I also, since I dont put reports up I have never figured out how to put up pics or vids.

As to the "big claims" I dont care if you believe a word of it. In fact I would rather you dont believe it so we can laugh about it when we are out catching these things.

dploc

Jul 14, 2007
dp
Name
chris
Boat
GRADY WHITE
Ok now I think I believe you. Was just f in around. Maybe I'm just jealous. Actually makes me want to go out and fish em

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
Ok now I think I believe you. Was just f in around. Maybe I'm just jealous. Actually makes me want to go out and fish em
Well you need to get out there as soon as you can it doesnt get any better than it is right now. Good Luck

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I would have killed them all.Only and only because I have a new ar barrel I need to break in.Right in the middle of a beautiful pirouette BAP-BAP-BAP-BAP:2gunsfiring_v1:....

JFK(just fucking kidding);)

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
All big fish and not a pic, your full of shit.Keep dreaming and trying to book a trip.You been hanging out with Keith Poe to much.
Nice. At your age calling people liars with nothing to back it up. You certainly play by a different set of rules than I do.

Thats a good mako you have hanging in your gallery. I defended you guys on here when you killed it and now you come back and call me a liar.

Its pretty funny you are the 3rd ex commercial fisherman on this site that has either called me a liar or told me he forgot more about shark fishing than I will ever know over the past several years. Starting to see a pattern. I am wondering what makes you such a mako expert, the urchin diving or the plumbing.

I can see why you would question the report, it does seem unbelievable by I guess thats the whole point.

On the other hand you have a lovely avatar.

Phat Boat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Sounds fun. Pick a mako has to be a blast.any threshers seen?

capnjackv

Jan 13, 2006
San Diego, San Pedro
Name
Jack
Boat
Ok ladies. I am going to try and posts a couple of shots from Monday. They wont satisfy the non believers but its all we have. The underwater shot is a 700lb class fish that only stuck around long enough for me to get a bit of underwater footage. One is of a 900lb class hooked up finning and the othe fin pic is the 700 that we released. You can see the leader and the body of the fish underwater. 700 underwater.jpg700fin.jpg700painted.jpg900fin.jpg

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
First pic is nice. The others, well the background was probably the best part, but it was scratched out.

My experience, it's real hard to estimate weights on the bigger makos. Had a very large one show boat side and my guest asked how big. I though 400, but I skew conservative. Guest hooked it on fly gear and was on it for 2 minutes. Couple days later saw a Florida report with photos of a 725 lb mako in the water alongside the boat and on the scale. It looked to be the same size as the one we hooked. On a previous trip we C&R'd an estimated 250 lb mako on conventional gear because we couldn't get it to take the fly.