Yutaka

Nov 16, 2003
The Darkside
Visit site
Name
Yutaka
Boat
XXX
Great report. Wonder why the smaller fish have red tails. Must have to do with the spawn. If that is what they are doing

We kept the smaller fish in the back live well, and I think they just got agitated from time to time and beat their tails against the lid. The larger ones, we bled immediately and hung over the side before putting them in the cooler.
Definitely not spawning yet. The egg sacs in the females were still small. Not sure why they were stacked up at that depth. Just glad they were.

Upvote 0

Yutaka

Nov 16, 2003
The Darkside
Visit site
Name
Yutaka
Boat
XXX
Thanks for the props, everyone.
In regards to the question about the rig, I don't think it mattered much that day. Eric got all 3 of the big ones on a simple reverse dropper loop rig.
My rig consists of a 2 - 4 oz egg sinker, bead, swivel, 4 ft leader, Octopus hook snelled with a treble trap hook. Weight is adjusted with depth & drift.

Reactions: FloMar and Tifoso
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
In regards to the question about the rig, I don't think it mattered much that day. Eric got all 3 of the big ones on a simple reverse dropper loop rig

What kind of hook(s).

My rig consists of a 2 - 4 oz egg sinker, bead, swivel, 4 ft leader, Octopus hook snelled with a treble trap hook. Weight is adjusted with depth & drift.

At 120 feet that 4 ounce EGG is going to create some issues, how did you keep it down?

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2005
So Cal
Name
Glendon
Boat
Grady White 257 Advance
Congrats, that's a great day. We're probably going to give it a try next Sunday down there.

Upvote 0