Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
I have a very classic Remington 700 with Leupold glass. Walnut stock. Smooth action. Good trigger.

$800. I can send pics if you want. Classic, accurate. Let me know.

Runway1

Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to shoot most the rifles I'm interested in or that would be a good way to go
Where are you located? Turner's has an annual show at Raahauge's where you can shoot pretty much anything you've mentioned.
That's how I chose my shotgun. Ran around with a small notepad and shot 17 individual shotguns over two days. Several rifles and handguns as well. Learned I can't shoot a Browning and Glocks feel horrible in my hand. Loved the Berettas and shot the lights out. Loved the S&W M&P also, as a striker that is.
Also, used is the ticket. Check calguns. If it doesn't work for you, you can resell for likely the same and move on. The you end up with a rifle that points, seats and shoots like you expect it to.

Jim n cali

May 12, 2012
TEXAS
Name
Jim
Boat
None
Check out the T/C Compass it has an adjustable trigger, 4-5 round mag depending on caliber, 5R rifling, aluminum pillars in a cheap stock, 60 degree bolt lift, and great reviews $50 gift card makes it a great value. Check the reviews. I’m getting a 243 And picked it over the Ruger American. This will be my first so called entry level rifle at about 1/2 of my lowest priced rifles I currently own. I just want something I can throw in the truck bed and go.

Last edited:

stella marina

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 21, 2011
santa cruz
Name
Andrew
Boat
Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
Just picked up my tikka 30-06 today...can't wait to get it dialed in.

Several peeps have mentioned the Tikka, I own 2 one in .243 and .308 stainless lights and love them both, tack drivers that are affordable, go with the .308 or 30-06.
I also own a rem 700 BDL in 30-06 as well as a 7mm and 300 mag but I always go to the 308 for axis deer when I'm walking!

Reactions: changboy