Offshore Ensenada

Rich Fagner

Almost A Member
Jun 19, 2015
Name
Rich
Boat Name
Patron
Decided it was time to fish for something other than those blue devils. Had the opportunity to go to Ensenada with my friend Captain Wes so south we went. Trolled thru the dolphin looking for yellowfin and got no love . Plan B fished the peanut bank for cod and it was game on. 4 oz red crab Hookupbaits did the damage. Love those rockfish.

83689205-41E2-4023-90F4-03CD58492490.jpeg

CD7F19F3-5F9A-4FD0-BF33-8814E5F44405.jpeg

Bend Session

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jan 3, 2017
    COSTA MESA
    Name
    SEAWOLF
    Boat Name
    JACK COLE SPECIAL
    Cowcod - make sure to complete your declaration of import and dont fish is US waters with those slobs in your fish hold!

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Y’all ever even seen a cowcod? Lol
    You have to be fair, MOST fishermen have never seen a cowcod. There are a couple of dozen reddish-colored rockfish in our waters, and the differences between them that get the biologists all excited are pretty small. I was taught to look for the distance from the eye to the mouth (it's noticeably farther away, much like a grouper or bass) and the deep notches in the spines of the dorsal fins. You can't just go by size, as a half-dozen of the rockfish get to three feet long in size.

Upvote 0

Bad-Rap

Sep 22, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Bruce
    Boat Name
    25' Farallon Pilothouse
    Cowcod - make sure to complete your declaration of import and dont fish is US waters with those slobs in your fish hold!
    Not 100 percent sure, but I think you'll still not able to bring back into the US even if on your declaration form. Maybe someone else can chime on this. I know undersized fish caught in Mexico need to be up to CA size and bag restrictions in order to be brought in.

Reactions: Rabid Fish
    Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Name
    Rusty
    Boat Name
    1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
    Not 100 percent sure, but I think you'll still not able to bring back into the US even if on your declaration form. Maybe someone else can chime on this. I know undersized fish caught in Mexico need to be up to CA size and bag restrictions in order to be brought in.
    Illegal immigrants are not legally allowed to cross the border into the US. Are you saying the DFG is more serious about their job than our Boarder Patrol Agents?

"Sorry I couldn't resist"

Upvote 0