Ensenada

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by theBajabum, May 9, 2010.

1. theBajabum

theBajabum Advertiser Advertiser

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Selena 32' Luhrs Customized
    Just got back from the docks and most of the 6 pack boats that went out over the weekend had 10 -12 yellowtail aboad. Bait is no problem now days. One boat commented that the yellows were hitting irons best.

2. YellowTail310

YellowTail310 Member

Name:
    G
    Boat:
    None
    Mike, are you talking about J that started this thread (Thebajabum)?

3. theBajabum

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    <Jesus, buck is spamming now>
    I posted this on another thread

A check was sent out.
    Recap to fish bucks fine comments
    I have never sold open party spots on my boat, but last year several groups had booked Selena and then had people in their party dropped out. So, rather than saying "TO BAD, IT’s YOUR CHARTER" I tried to help by posting on boards to fill spots for my clients. Fishbuck was one of those people and he bought two tickets for $320 not counting a $4 cc fee. The trip was canceled because the port was closed due to weather. Nobody could have fished in Ensenada that day from a boat.

So, I scheduled a trip for myself and invited fishbuck to come to cover what I owed him. He showed up solo and we killed over 30 tuna that day and he was happy. We agreed he could just go again another time for his son not showing up.

Three weeks ago he called and wanted me to book a panga for him on a Sunday. It was Friday and I was on the road to Ensenada and said I would handle it. He didn’t book online but since I knew him, I said it was cool, just pay when you get there. He called several times asking about the fish counts. At 9pm Saturday night he canceled because he didn't thing the bite was hot enough. This kind of thing puts a lot of pressure between the boat owners and myself. I told Jorge of Wahoo pangas that this guy was OK and he pulled at the 11th hour after not putting up a deposit. I spent $90 on cell calls with fishbuck Friday night and all day Saturday listening to him talk about bait and how the bite may be on Sunday. I realized that the one ticket for $160 was never going to work out because he was so sketchy on when he wanted to fish that the odds of him going on my boat when I planned to fish were slim and none because I only go when the boat is not booked.

He turned drama fish queen and really, I see no future in doing business with someone that can’t make up their mind till the 11th hour. I understand where he in coming from wanting to jump on when the bite hits. Try doing what he did to anyone and I’m sure they would feel jacked. He is better off just driving to the docks and the last minute and jumping on a boat that could use another person.
    I refunded his money to him. Mexico does not need any more drama stories to hurt business. The Media has made people think there are bullets flying as soon as you cross the border. If Buck fish didn’t get his check in a timely manner, he could have called. He never had a problem before calling me. Instead he pulls off a post like he did and I am getting calls and emails about it.

Buck, you have too much time on your hands. Go fishing or something.

4. Its 4 Reel

Its 4 Reel Member

Name:
    Capt. Louie Prieto
    Boat:
    23' Parker - It's 4 Reels!
    I personally know J and he would never intentionally do anything to undermine all the work that he does in promoting Ensenada and its sportfishing. Especially for $167. I saw J that weekend taking multiple calls from fishbuck and fishbuck bailed at the last minute. Those are the facts and a lot of you guys know me and I would never chime in unless I knew first hand what was really going on. J has been booking charters here in Ensenada for many years and this is the first negative post that I have seen regarding his operation. With that said no matter how hard you work there will always be someone or somebody that will not be happy with your efforts but don't judge an entire operation of satisfied customers because of one unsatisfied one.

5. writebrian

writebrian ... and I'm 6'5"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Whoever is Hot that week
    Buck, Jay stepped forward with his side. Now lay out your side and we can all make our own decisions on who to fish with. He sounded pretty thorough in his explanation and sounded pretty accomodating to you at the time. Stop bashing him now and lay it out for us to see as he did.

6. theBajabum

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Here is a repeat video of Fishbucks day fishing with me on my boat.
    He is the guy with the black sweat pants with a white strip.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSPfq5ezTiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSPfq5ezTiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Grand Grouper

Grand Grouper Grand Grouper

Name:
    Keith
    Boat:
    Mi Amigos
    The evidence in this case is overwhelming. We the jury find buckfish guilty of slander and sentence him to the fish gods having there way with him.

8. scwindow

scwindow Newbie

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    none
    Jay has a very good reputation on the Ensenada docks

9. fishbuck

fishbuck Catch of the day!

Name:
    Mike
    Boat: