Ensenada Intel request

jaywo

Oct 18, 2014
Name
Jay
Boat
Skipjack
We are headed to Ensenada on a buddies boat and plan to fish one of the days. Can anyone tell me if there a live bait to purchase or are we limited to what we can scratch up with Sabiki? We will likely plan to look for offshore for YT and BFT, but depending on how timing we may want to fish more local. I've pulled as much info off of Fish Dope, but also interested in any other info you are willing to share. We have FMM and Mex License squared away, I believe that is all we need since we will not be fishing Coronado's. Thanks

Upvote 0

bufadora

Apr 13, 2011
Santa Cruz
Name
darren gertler
Boat
Sorenson 15 - catamaran
We are headed to Ensenada on a buddies boat and plan to fish one of the days. Can anyone tell me if there a live bait to purchase or are we limited to what we can scratch up with Sabiki? We will likely plan to look for offshore for YT and BFT, but depending on how timing we may want to fish more local. I've pulled as much info off of Fish Dope, but also interested in any other info you are willing to share. We have FMM and Mex License squared away, I believe that is all we need since we will not be fishing Coronado's. Thanks
Lots of years ago Gringo Mike had a bait barge in front of the central harbor. I don't have any recent knowledge.

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
I was there two months ago and the bait barge is not open. You can find bait inside the break wall and south along the beach.

Reactions: Michael bauer
Upvote 0

blowncar

Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
I'm in Ensenada on my boat and going out tomorrow. The last few days have been nice and weather pattern appears to be settling down, finally. No live bait for sale but you can make macs at the breakwall. If you want to run out 35 miles offshore and tag along with the SD boats you can maybe get into some tuna but nothing near shore.

Bottom fishing is great right now, banda bank, north end of island and up by the gas plant.

PM if you like, we are dialed in down here,

Upvote 0