Ensenada Fishing off Punta Banda

Jo1316

Jun 24, 2021
Corona
Name
Joel
Boat Name
Las Tres Gordas
Wondering if anyone has ever fished off the rocks on Punta Banda in Ensenada. Headed down there last month and fished with the guys from Maras. On the way to the Tuna grounds, saw a few people fishing off the rocks. I asked the captain and he said you can catch a variety of fish to include yellowtail. Wondering if anyone has ever fished there or know how to drive to the remote locations since it may be private property. Was planning on using spinning gear and my surf rods to gain a longer cast using a variety of lures. Thanks

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat Name
won't b mine
I assume its the same road you were on to Mara's and just past Vonny's Pangas. I've seen a number of You Tube videos of people fishing those spots.

Upvote 0
Jun 4, 2020
SoCal
Name
Steveooo
Boat Name
None
It’s been a long time. 10 years plus since I fished there around those rocks, as stated, caught a variety of fish there. Rock fish, lings, bass etc.
I was on a panga though.
I remember catching allot of net and long lines there as well.

Upvote 0

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat Name
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
You can drive out there and scramble down the rocks BUT, I would not leave my car parked for the day and assume it will still be there when you hike back up

Been fishing that area for years, launching my tin boat off Campo Villarino or just fishing from one of Vonnie's pangas. Even seen those peddle kayaks out there (launched from same place)

Bass, yellowtail, rock fish even WSB on occasion and halibut in front of the camp ground

Feel free to PM for more info

Rob

Upvote 0

Rufo

Rufo
May 23, 2006
Around the Way
Name
Bob
Boat Name
Yes
The place you are seeing people fish is called Campo 7. It’s on the road to La Bufadora. Past Maras on the right side near Baja Fishing. There’s a big sign, you won’t miss it if your looking. You pay a fee and they have secure parking. It’s pretty steep and rocky to get from the car to the water. Usually guys fishing there every day. Casting lures can bring bonita and barracuda and the occasional yellow. Squid gets calicos and sheephead. There’s a variety of smaller reef fish that bite well on mussels. Look them up on Facebook and you’ll get lots of info from their page.

Reactions: denis and Dogman619
Upvote 0