killerfin

You fight like a girl !!!
Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
The drive down to Ensenada was very nice , We end up getting a room at hotel Bahia within walking distance of boat dock, Next morning were up at 5am Both my son and little girl don’t want to walk so I make the five min drive. When we get there Sergio is outside getting people parked and checked in with free parking in front of the landing. We are then taken to the boat casador nice little boat but too many people on it for in my opinion. 7am Time to leave and boat won’t start up end leaving the dock around 7:45am, Then we had to make bait another hour or so making bait, which I didn’t mind but when there is 14 people on the boat it should have been really fast but most were just sitting down sucking there thumb, I think we only made about 150 to 200 macks. Things happen so as always be prepared to change it up I didn’t let any those thing damper my day as I was there for my son and daughter to fish with them and enjoy my time with them. My little girl ends up sleeping the whole trip .it’s just my son and I fishing we end up with 8 yellowtail and 12 huge Bonita. I’m so glad I took my gear with me for the three of use. There was a lot of fish lost due to line breaking and tiny hooks being used, if anyone is going down to fish and not taking gear big mistake. The gear they give you to use is old. At least take some hooks 3/0 and 4/0 the boat had size 1 for macks. All in all we had great time fishing but next time I probably just rent a boat for the three of us. We left Sunday morning stopped in Rosarito at el Nido for breakfast; we got to the boarder at 10am by 10:30am we were in the US. no picture guys my phone died and left my camera at home.

Ps thanks to all the guys for your info and help ...

Reactions: RonnyB

osidefishin

big daddy
Nov 27, 2006
oceanside
Name
chuck
Boat
18' Klamath cc " Second chance "
what do trips like those cost..way to go on getting out with the kids by the way..

Tuna Vic

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
I'm headed there weds,thanks for that info,it builds anticipation!

aguachico

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
The drive down to Ensenada was very nice , We end up getting a room at hotel Bahia within walking distance of boat dock, ...it’s just my son and I fishing we end up with 8 yellowtail and 12 huge Bonita. ... At least take some hooks 3/0 and 4/0 the boat had size 1 for macks. All in all we had great time fishing but next time I probably just rent a boat for the three of us. ...
Hey Felipe;

glad it worked out for ya. Fishing there is a learning process and the game changes each time. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad time and once Sergio held a boat for 10 minutes as I drove like a local from TJ to the landing in 60 minutes.

Did you like the Hotel Bahia?

saludos

killerfin

You fight like a girl !!!
Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
Hey Felipe;

glad it worked out for ya. Fishing there is a learning process and the game changes each time. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad time and once Sergio held a boat for 10 minutes as I drove like a local from TJ to the landing in 60 minutes.

Did you like the Hotel Bahia?

saludos
it pretty nice very clean rooms its only missing a pool

osidefishin

big daddy
Nov 27, 2006
oceanside
Name
chuck
Boat
18' Klamath cc " Second chance "
is a passport necessary for these trips? If not how do I set one up?

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
it pretty nice very clean rooms its only missing a pool
I've stayed at Bahia lots of times. Nice place, comfortable, safe parking. Swimming pool is "enclosed", that is, walled-in behind the bar. Now I only stay there when fishing with "first-timers". Motels are 1/2 the cost. If you have to have a cattle-boat, Sergio's is good, but as you get comfortable w/ ENS, you might want to try hiring your own boat down there. Prices vary, so as you dis-embark from one, walk around and ask. Keep in mind there are three docks. My understanding is the boats moored here have to pay some license fee to be able to take on passengers, but keep in mind there is no "Coast Guard" inspections required. I always take my own PFD whether in MEX or US. The average boat crews do not maint their rods/reels, so may want to bring your own along with sabikis. Jigmasters with 20lbs would be the lightest now that the waters are cooling. If bottom fishing, 8oz is pretty typical. I know Sergio tries to get his clients free parking, but there is a very large parking lot that you drive past when driving to Sergio's, and it only costs about $10-12 all day. (The arms/ticket machine sometimes don't work, but if you get in just let the cashier booth know as you leave.)

One other thing to add: if you are new to going to ENS, at 6:00 in the morning along the boardwalk and docks, the people who are up at that hour are people whose livihood is from tips from the tourist/fishing industry. If you need help carrying your rods or ice chests, ask around. Sometimes you'll get lucky and the (cute!!) girls selling b'fast burritos are there, but don't pass up on the tamales either. ENS is a good place, fun fishing and best of all, close by the border. If you're thinking of going, no reason to over think it. Enjoy! Jon

Reactions: joezee1986