cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Drove down on Friday and spent the night at a friends place. Toll road south is just fine. Just slow down for the "unstable geological" part at Salsipudes. Going North you may have to stop for a moment for road improvements. Woke up Saturday and parked the truck in the lot by the dock. Push the button and you get your ticket. Cost 160 pesos at the end of the day.

The "Burrito Lady" is at the dock with an assortment of breakfast burritos and hot coffee. Grabbed some and hopped on the "Amigo". Captain Sammy and his deckhand worked at it all day and very happy go lucky. Clean boat with good gear.

It wasn't long before we are at Punta Banda on the pinnacles between there and the island. First stop down 100' or so and I lost the first yellow of the day. Drag is down tight so you don't get rocked and it pulled the hook. We lost three more fish and managed to put three more on the boat. We stopped a bunch and picked at rockfish and a bonita here and there. Lost a couple of mystery fish that pulled hard and then gone...

It was a lot of fun with a great group of guys that I just met here on Bloody Decks. Hence the "BD" Charter in the title. A special thanks goes out to Derek for putting in the time and effort to make it all happen!

007.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 010.JPG

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Did you see Pancho Villa while you were down there?

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn on way to Florida
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
I was wondering if he got a crew together. Looks like you had a good time!

Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Good times…..Glad you made it! Such an easy charter and such a great deal...Gonna do it again next month.
Few pics more pics.....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Enrique Daggett
Upvote 0

hotrod

El Capitan
Mar 23, 2003
Escondido, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Grady White Seafarer ("GalaxSea")
That was a fun trip Rusty and Derek. First time Nick was in Ensenada let alone on a charter boat out of Ensenada. The picture of Nick with his first iron yellowtail, a blue colt sniper, says it all. Fun and good times for all 6 of us with some new fishing friends.
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

yellowklr

Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
guys going another charter 2 boats if necessary for mid FEB if interested PM me……..its fun and i can help with hotel etc…….

Reactions: Enrique Daggett
Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Sammy's a good guy, and his boat is very comfortable. I don't remember it being named the Amigo though. Neither here nor there, still good outfit.

Upvote 0

yellowklr

Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Its an all around great operation and Sammy goes the extra mile to find the fish!!!
And all that for 75 dollars for 6 guys for 9 hours!! Gonna start doing this more often this winter.

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
thats a great deal and looks like an awesome trip.Do you have the info for booking
Here's the #'s Sammys Home 011-52-646-174-67-47
Cell 011-521-646-131-19-84 "Hot Line"

Reactions: yellowklr
Upvote 0

yellowklr

Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Sammy Susarrey Amador on FB if you need a cell PM me I'll find it. He is very good and getting back to you on FB
Tell him El Gallo Sent you

Upvote 0

osidefishin

big daddy
Nov 27, 2006
oceanside
Name
chuck
Boat
18' Klamath cc " Second chance "
Sounds great. I actually have an appointment today for my passport so I'll definitely be looking him up soon. Thanks guys

Upvote 0

osidefishin

big daddy
Nov 27, 2006
oceanside
Name
chuck
Boat
Can anyone recommend a decent/safe hotel around there that the wife would be comfortable in?

Upvote 0

yellowklr

Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Can anyone recommend a decent/safe hotel around there that the wife would be comfortable in?

For downtown I like santo tomas
Clean safe parking and about 50 bucks on the weekend...
If you want fancy hotel coral is sweet...
Book santo tomas on Expedia they don't take credit cards at the hotel directly

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
When I take the family, we stay just a bit further south (maybe 1 1/2mile) at Corona. Nice restaurant, very secure parking, professional front desk help. About $100-. First time we stayed there, I booked thru Trip Advisor, and they offered a free Ready Pass to get back across the border. We now have Sentri so can't say if they still offer, but certainly should ask. I regularly stay at Bahia Hotel, right across the street from the tall flag pole. Again, very secure parking (Large lot), decent rooms but a bit older, no restaurant & bar is a bit cheesy, but you'd be right on the blvd so there's plenty to choose from. About $75-80, but haggle down to $60-. When I go solo, I've actually left my car in their lot and just taken a cab to the docks, but comes out the same as the parking fee, so now I just use the lot at the docks, but it is an option. Good on ya, Derek, for plugging Sammy, especially for any first timers.

Upvote 0

osidefishin

big daddy
Nov 27, 2006
oceanside
Name
chuck
Boat
thanks guys this sounds like something Id like to do on a regular basis.It sounds like a fun/close little get away.I had my appointment for my passport yesterday so as soon as I get it I'm definitely looking into it.I love going down to Mex/Baja but it has been Several years(pre 9/11) so Im really looking forward to it..thanks again Chuck

Upvote 0