Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
Ensenada area, other boats shut down and told to split
<HR style="COLOR: #000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1>The Constitution was told to leave by the Mexican authority on hand when the bite started. Bummer. The boat also cancelled their trip leaving tonight, bummer 2 cuz I was going to go. That's all the facts I have right now.

Upvote 0

spike

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 6, 2006
San Clemente CA
Name
Spike Ivins
Boat
any chance I get
Over the line! Your not allowed to fish inside the gap, or in the bay. Front page of Ensanda news paper is what I heard yesterday, with pictures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VITO

Mar 8, 2006
tijuas, popotla
Name
JUAN
Boat
17' blue fin La cabrilla loca!
the problem is the American boats where tonting like if they was to ram the boats at the Mexican sports fisherman, I guess they don't like it when the spotr boaters use the charter boat chum line hahaha! o well is mexico!! And the mexican navy said deal with it or get out.
Here is the report from the paper
--------------------------------
Piden expulsar a pescadores estadounidenses
Por Elizabeth Vargas / El Vigía. Publicado hace 38 mins.
Pescadores mexicanos denunciaron que los tripulantes del &#8220;Sea Adventure II&#8221; los amenazaron el pasado sábado.

Ensenada, B.C. - Pescadores de Ensenada solicitarán la intervención de la Armada de México ante la invasión de barcos de pesca deportiva comercial estadounidense, que realizan sus actividades en la bahía de Ensenada y la Isla Todos Santos, donde expulsan a pescadores mexicanos, a quienes han intentado embestir con sus embarcaciones.

Gerardo Sánchez Córdoba, representante de la Asociación de Armadores de Pesca Deportiva, denunció que el suceso más grave aconteció el sábado, cuando una embarcación con pescadores mexicanos -el &#8220;Ruckus&#8221;-, fue objeto de una agresión por parte de los tripulantes de un barco estadounidense -el &#8220;Sea Adventure II&#8221;-, que por medio de los altavoces insultó a los pescadores exigiéndoles que se retiraran.

&#8220;Pero no es el primer caso, cada fin de semana las costas de Ensenada son invadidas por barcos de empresas estadounidenses que salen de San Diego para pescar en aguas nacionales con permisos que otorga una oficina mexicana en aquella ciudad&#8221;, señaló.

Precisó que se trata de barcos que realizan una actividad comercial en aguas mexicanas, cruzando la frontera sin avisar a nadie.

La Armada de México no los revisa, ni los inspectores de pesca, ni saben qué especies capturan o qué productos traen a bordo, incluso llegan a bajar a las islas donde hay zonas protegidas, donde hacen lo que quieren porque nadie les dice nada, dijo Sánchez.

Explicó que estos barcos cobran por viajar a México cientos de dólares, pagando 10 dólares por un permiso que no entregan a los pescadores.

No atracan ni generan ningún beneficio al turismo mexicano, sólo saquean las especies y maltratan ahora a los pescadores nacionales.

Gerardo Sánchez dijo que hace varios años se solicitó que dentro de la Ley de Pesca el servicio que se dá en materia deportiva fuera reconocido como comercial, pero no se incluyó ni se les protegió de forma alguna, ahora los legisladores podrían hacer las reformas necesarias pero falta voluntad de los legisladores mexicanos.

Mientras esto ocurre en México, en Estados Unidos los grupos ecologistas han restringido las zonas para pesca deportiva, lo que genera migración de pescadores de dicho país, que generan una competencia desleal a los pescadores mexicanos.

La exigencia es simple, que la Armada de México saque estas embarcaciones de las costas nacionales o que se dé el mismo trato a los pescadores mexicanos para que puedan pescar en la Bahía de San Diego.

Upvote 0

Odium

Almost A Member
May 28, 2009
West Covina
www.usasportfishing.com
Name
Odium
Boat
Odi Maru
Google Translation for the article

They call to expel U.S. fishermen
By Elizabeth Vargas / El Vigia. Published 38 mins.
Mexican fishermen complained that the crew of the "Sea Adventure II" threatened on Saturday.

Ensenada, B.C. - Pescadores de Ensenada request the intervention of the Navy of Mexico to the invasion of commercial fishing boats American doing business in the bay of Ensenada and Todos Santos Island, where they expel Mexican fishermen, who have tried to ram their boats.

Córdoba Gerardo Sanchez, representative of the Shipowners' Association Sportfishing, reported that the most serious incident occurred on Saturday when a Mexican fishing boat-the "Ruckus" - was the target of aggression by the crew of a ship American-the "Sea Adventure II" - that through the speakers insulted by requiring fishermen to leave.

"But it is the first case, every weekend off the coast of Ensenada are invaded by vessels of U.S. companies that leave from San Diego to fish in national waters with permission granted by a Mexican office in that city," he said.

He said that ship is engaged in commercial activity in Mexican waters, crossing the border without telling anyone.

Mexico's Navy not reviewed, the inspectors of fisheries, nor do they know which species caught or what products they bring on board, even reaching down to the islands where there are protected areas where they do what they want because nobody says anything, he said Sanchez.

He explained that these boats charge for travel to Mexico hundreds of dollars, paying $ 10 for a permit that do not deliver to fishermen.

No dock or create any benefit to the Mexican tourism, only plunder and abuse species now national fishermen.

Gerardo Sanchez said he was asked several years ago that within the Fisheries Act gives the service that was recognized in sport and commercial, but not included, nor are they protected in any way, lawmakers could now make the necessary reforms but lack willingness of Mexican legislators.

While this is happening in Mexico, U.S. environmental groups have restricted areas for fishing, leading to migration of fishermen in the country, generating unfair competition for Mexican fishermen.

The requirement is simply that the Navy of Mexico remove such vessels from the national costs to be given the same treatment to Mexican fishermen to fish in the Bay of San Diego.

Upvote 0

TUNA 306

Apr 7, 2006
Esco
Name
Martin
Boat
32 Proline Express
I see trouble because of this

My chum

My fishing grounds

Who is going to loose ?

Upvote 0

Josh D

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 17, 2007
Sunland
Name
Josh
Boat
18' Century
Wondered about this after reading all these reports of Todos Santos Yellows?
We had a boat at the Coral for 10 years & never saw an american sporty within 10 miles of the bay no matter how good the bite.
I thought it was just kind of an unwritten courtesy?

Upvote 0

yft1979

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
Upvote 0

Tues

Not my job...
Mar 17, 2008
Saluki
Name
Penis
I hate to say it...but if I were a local and saw all these boats in "my" waters, I would make a call to get them removed too. Easy way to get rid of the competition. It's a business...

Hopefully it blows over soon...Sorry to hear about the guys are have been looking forward to a trip this weekend. The build up to a trip can drive a guy insane...

Upvote 0

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
Seesm like every year someone forgets we are fishing in their waters and does something to stoke the shit.

Love how they mentioned that we are invading the baja coast in herds because the environmentalists have closed our own waters to fishing.

And of course there is no envy over all the money spent here when they only get 10 bucks a head.

Fucking lovely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DONNIE SD

Class on Wednesday
Jan 19, 2009
Santee,CA
Name
Allen
This Post hits a nerve.... the mention of the loss of revenue makes my F---ING Skin Crawl...... The continent to the south of California is the reason this state is in such trouble.... Billions of dollars are earned in this country and then Dumped back in the Mexican economy.... Free health benefits and countless other benefits available here.... I am watching masses loosing their Lifelong careers watching them go south...

I am nothing close to a hater.... but please, you have got to be joking!

Upvote 0

Fishchik

Mar 1, 2010
Ventura, CA
Name
Tracy
Boat
Anything I don't have to clean
Thanks Sea Adventure II....for screwing it up for the rest of us....Does he never learn?...shut your pie hole!

Upvote 0

Fishchik

Mar 1, 2010
Ventura, CA
Name
Tracy
Boat
Anything I don't have to clean
Someone will be made an example of, you can bet that....I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to that area this weekend....

Upvote 0

spike

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 6, 2006
San Clemente CA
Name
Spike Ivins
Boat
any chance I get
Thanks Sea Adventure II....for screwing it up for the rest of us....Does he never learn?...shut your pie hole!

Their were many boats over the line, some from SD, some from DP. Funny thing is the best scores were taken up the line a bit from Todos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marzocchi

Captain Seasick
Nov 15, 2006
Lost at Sea
Name
Dat
Boat
Aww Shucks
I am not trying to stir the pot or anything or defend anybody, so dont rip on me. I was acutally down there fishing yesterday (check out my report) and killed the yellows. I talked to a few of the ensenada sportboats operators, acutally they were telling me about the problem with the SD sportboat fleet. They're saying the SD sportboats gets out of hand whenever they are near them on the yellowtail boils. They are claiming there is a lot of trash talking, aggressive behavior, and we all know the jig story. With this type of fishing, everyone is going to be close together. They are saying that it is their waters and livelyhood and the SD sportboat fleet are not respecting it. They said soon they will be kicked out of the area. I guess it happen yesterday?

We did not have any problems yesterday. We all worked together. We were pretty close to the other PB and even the Pentrator. We chatted with everyone and we all respected each other casting direction. The only sportboat we fished near was the Legend on one boiling yellowtail school. We did not have any problems.

Upvote 0

tecateando

Jan 11, 2009
Ensenada, BC, MX
Name
Forrest
Boat
Parker 1801 CC, "La Mañanera"
This Post hits a nerve.... I am nothing close to a hater.... but please, you have got to be joking!

The Coast Guard and Marine Patrol vigilantly enforce the three mile limit in the US. I have seen this issue in the states with both international boats, commercial boats from other states, as well as offshore boats from within the state. (Note that I am referring to commercial boats here.)

So why does it come as such a shock that Mexico is enforcing their laws? And how again does this relate to welfare?

Upvote 0

ironfisher321

Aug 14, 2009
San Diego,Ca.
Name
John
Boat
N/A
This Post hits a nerve.... the mention of the loss of revenue makes my F---ING Skin Crawl...... The continent to the south of California is the reason this state is in such trouble.... Billions of dollars are earned in this country and then Dumped back in the Mexican economy.... Free health benefits and countless other benefits available here.... I am watching masses loosing their Lifelong careers watching them go south...

I am nothing close to a hater.... but please, you have got to be joking!

x2

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.