Its 4 Reel

Nov 2, 2005
Ensenada Baja Mexico
www.its4reels.com
Name
Capt. Louie Prieto
Boat
23' Parker - It's 4 Reels!
Left Cruiseport Marina with Steve Huth and Angel Garcia around 6AM in search of yellowtail. It was a beautiful morning with a slight Santa Ana rippling lake Pacific:

First stop would be the area known as "El Bajo" which shows as San Miguel Reef on most charts. We found the birds but they were all just sitting and waiting for something to happen. We proceeded to load up the bait tank with mackerel and sardines using sabikis and quick release sinkers:

Steve caught the first fish of the day:

After about an hour the birds started to take off and we spotted our first boil and gunned it to the spot. Once there more birds started circling about 1/4 mile away and we slid into a group that was hovering over what turned out to be the only school of yellows we would get a shot at. A couple of cast later I got boiled on right behind the boat and it was fish on:

After a tough 15-20 minute fight this nice 24 lber was gaffed by Angel and hit the deck:

By the time we regrouped the fish were gone and not seen again for the rest of the day. We spent the rest of the day fishing many areas including the areas off Baja Mar, Salsipuedes, Todos Santos Island and the El Farro reefs for slow fishing. We metered fish everywhere but there was very little current all day. We did manage to catch some nice salmon grouper and a nice ling cod on a mackerel fished on dropper loops:

It was a beautiful day on the water with many grey whale sightings and this very cool sunset:

I also had the pleasure of talking to and working with Victor Campos of La Salina Sportfishing. Thanks for the info Victor. Water temps were 56.8-58.2 throughout the areas we fished.

geofish

FOB
Aug 21, 2008
Ensenada Mx
Name
george
Boat
26' Alglas Rubber Duck & 46' Hatteras c First Quarter
Way to go Louie, I'll be down there later today!

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
mike's-bill's good to have friends
:hali_olutta:I had a great day fishing with Louie. We fished from dawn to dark and never stopped looking or fishing all day. Louie allmost never talks about his resturant but he has some ot the best food and margarits in town. Mike and both had garlic shrimp over a creamy white sause over pasta. The shrimp were broiled with chunks of chopped garlic on top. there were 10 shrimp and a huge plate of pasta. plus 2 large margaritas and it was under $20 including tip. Thank's louie for a great 3 days of food and fishing.

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Way to go Louie, that's a dandy Tail, congrats!