montanaman

off the grid
Aug 22, 2006
SW MT
Name
Rick
Boat
PAC 9000
A couple buddies and I fished Ennis Lake today. For those of you who may not be familiar with fishing the lake...it's all sight casting. Much of the lake is about 2 to 3 feet deep where the Madison River dumps into it. Consequently, there are many areas where you get out of the boat or pontoon and just stroll around looking for rising fish. The fish are not very shy so it is a good place to fish for all skill levels. Today the fish bit about every thing from leeches to chironomids, but nothing very consistent. Pic of a Brownie as well.

elbrown2.jpg

Hithard

Jun 5, 2004
Los Angeles
Name
Mike
Boat
BygBahd
By any chance do you know a guy by the name of Greg Thomas?

Thanks for the report. I love the Montana reports it makes me want to go back to college. Go BOBCATS.

montanaman

off the grid
Aug 22, 2006
SW MT
Name
Rick
Boat
PAC 9000
No, I don't know Greg. Is he a guide around here? I know a few guides but not all.

Caught this 'bow today. You have to take advantage of the weather up here in Sept and Oct. Warm day...78..and light winds...won't last long.

ELbow.jpg

Hithard

Jun 5, 2004
Los Angeles
Name
Mike
Boat
BygBahd
No, I don't know Greg. Is he a guide around here? I know a few guides but not all.

Caught this 'bow today. You have to take advantage of the weather up here in Sept and Oct. Warm day...78..and light winds...won't last long.
He does guide up there. I can't remember what town hes in now, but I seem to remember its fairly close to Ennis.

As for the weather, I hear you and know exactly how that goes. My first summer and fall in Bozeman taught me that the days of beautiful weather quickly become few and far between. Thanks for the report and the new pic.

montanaman

off the grid
Aug 22, 2006
SW MT
Name
Rick
Boat
PAC 9000
Fished the lake today with my buddy Jeff. Weather was great but the fishing was slow for me. I was busted off twice by something rather large. Only managed to land a small 'bow. Jeff boated quite a few and in particular this nice Brown. Leeches seemed to rule the day.

Jeff1.jpg

TheShark

Fish Gypsy
Feb 4, 2003
Bitterroot River Hamilton Montana
Name
Shelly Ehmer
Boat
Anything I can row
NIce fish Rick

Henry's looks way good to be fishing. I checked some fish in yesterday. Water looks good too.

I will be up there late today thru the weekend.
I hope I can find them. I am starting out on the North SHore and then Howard.

copper7

Waterman
Apr 28, 2006
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat
Paddle board
Nice job, thanks for the info, I might be going up there the end of October. I might be fishing the lower madison north of bear trap cyn. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Chris

montanaman

off the grid
Aug 22, 2006
SW MT
Name
Rick
Boat
PAC 9000
Shelly, let us know how you do. I'll be over sometime after the 10th.

Chris, check your pm's.

TheShark

Fish Gypsy
Feb 4, 2003
Name
Shelly Ehmer
Boat
Anything I can row
Today I had to go to Idaho Falls for a new phone, mine finally died after dropping it in the creek.

I will head up tomorrow, right now we are getting snow here in Rexburg, I am sure Island Park is getting real nice and primed up! Those fish love to chew in this weather!!!

IFSteve

Jun 27, 2005
Idaho/Mississippi
Name
Steve
Boat
19' ECC Vantage and 1652 Crestliner
Shelly

You came to IF today and didn't call me. You are in the doghouse young lady. :rofl:Next time you are in town give me a call. Or let me know when bruce is going to be home and I will come up and see you guys for dinner.

Steve

TheShark

Fish Gypsy
Feb 4, 2003
Name
Shelly Ehmer
Boat
Anything I can row
Shelly

You came to IF today and didn't call me. You are in the doghouse young lady. :rofl:Next time you are in town give me a call. Or let me know when bruce is going to be home and I will come up and see you guys for dinner.

Steve
LOL
I thought about it, but since my phone died I had no phone numbers!
Bruce is home Tueday and I am back up the mountain Wed. Thurs and Friday, home friday night after work.

We will see you soon

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s
nice brown's

jack the axe

Jan 28, 2007
ramona,ca
Name
jack
Boat
have 18' nortic ski boat been dry for years
I have been down the 287 in cameron for the last 7 months right on the madison river some of the best flyfishing around I have a few pics I should post the bigges fish the camera ate the pics but it has been fun. this is my 3rd year up here will be back next year but not for so long

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s
what fly were you yousing