tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Started a bit late, 5ish, and tried to get 1/2 scoop, but it did not look to be enough (again!), ended up getting a full scoop. WTF! Got 2 nice ones, 5 total even with the insane crowds! Hoopers everwhere! Chucking hoops right on top of my sets, many dorks out there. I left after getting a couple, and found quiet, empty areas for the other sets. Turned out to be a beautiful night. Good crawl early, many shorts. Slack tide shut it down for an hour. The UW camera works great, found structure with lobster eyes reflecting out, in a most unlikely spot! Off season recon will be valuable. Lots of sand, no structure in areas holding bugs. They must travel around a lot looking for food. Fun season, good luck to all those finishing it up. Just be mindful of others-

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    Started a bit late, 5ish, and tried to get 1/2 scoop, but it did not look to be enough (again!), ended up getting a full scoop. WTF! Got 2 nice ones, 5 total even with the insane crowds! Hoopers everwhere! Chucking hoops right on top of my sets, many dorks out there. I left after getting a couple, and found quiet, empty areas for the other sets. Turned out to be a beautiful night. Good crawl early, many shorts. Slack tide shut it down for an hour. The UW camera works great, found structure with lobster eyes reflecting out, in a most unlikely spot! Off season recon will be valuable. Lots of sand, no structure in areas holding bugs. They must travel around a lot looking for food. Fun season, good luck to all those finishing it up. Just be mindful of others-
    Same spot as last year's Final?

Thanks for the report!

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

• Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    No, probably should have! The jetty was a zoo! We moved to the quiet spots after being mobbed. Reminded me of the scene in "Jaws" when all the towns boat population went out after the shark! Probably need to buy 2 scoops for bait next year!! Good luck!!

Upvote 0

Jay1

Jul 1, 2015
    Name
    Julian
    Boat
    Boat hoe
    I have used the 5gal bucket method to get lobster bait twice and both times i got half a bucket but noticed it took them 4-5 passes to get it to that level. If i use my bait tank i get 2-3 passes so that’s where the issue lies.

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

• Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    I bought an Eyoyo with a 9" screen, 100' depth, and led/uv lights. About $260.00 and it works very well! We were finding structure on a FF, and could drop the camers and see shelves and caves, with lobster eyes glowing! Sorry about the delay, the new format threw me off!