End of Lobster season 2019 2020 There is still time for 1 more session!

tunakillerjoe1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster
Today I buttoned down and stored all the traps and re-washed the boat. (In the rain again!), it has been a remarkable year for my first year hooping. I learned a ton, with help from BD friends (shout out to all who helped-Doghouse26, Rodrage, Madrugador, Billy L., Flomar), Every little bit of information helped! You guys north of here have a different fishery! Seemed like a reasonable crawl last night, mostly plastered females. Lots of people getting in last licks. I tried a day/evening set from 5 PM-6:30, for nothing. Stuck with it, Ended up limiting by around 10. Interesting, I tried a new spot on Friday and had a 3 keepers in-a-pot set. Thought I would give it a shot again, just to see, and nothing last night. I had hopped to go out tonight and get one last day in, but I decided I am pretty much done! Washing the boat at 2AM takes it's toll. I look forward to next October, I plan on hitting it hard early! Until then, bring on the YT, WSB, BFT, YFT, Dorado, (Dare I say?) Wahoo?

Attachments

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Congratulations you've got it down now great job on the early limit! We doubled again last night but it took a litle while longer and we got 3 out of the hole you left and we passed an extra on to a Kayak buddy who was having a tough night. Write down some notes from this year as you will probably forget them by the next opener. I also want to thank the guys on the board for all their reports and helpful hints they gave me throughout the season it was a pretty good year! Oh yeah remember Loose Lips Sink Ships see you next season.

Dhix43

Jul 7, 2016
OC
Name
Derrick
Boat
Your’s.
Dang, am I interpreting the regs wrong? I read them as the season ending at 12am last night/this morning. If I’m reading these wrong, I’m bummed because I would have went tonight.
2FDF8659-57E3-41FC-BC66-F5A5BBB9EACE.png

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
The regulations say through the first Wednesday after March 15th so I would think all day Wednesday until 12:01 Thursday Morning

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
I called DFG to confirm, lots of others out here also

Jul 26, 2015
san diego
Name
jw
Boat
none
Congratulations you've got it down now great job on the early limit! We doubled again last night but it took a litle while longer and we got 3 out of the hole you left and we passed an extra on to a Kayak buddy who was having a tough night. Write down some notes from this year as you will probably forget them by the next opener. I also want to thank the guys on the board for all their reports and helpful hints they gave me throughout the season it was a pretty good year! Oh yeah remember Loose Lips Sink Ships see you next season.
It was a tough night, tho I may have earned some karma points by releasing two barely legals early on. As it was my last night of the season, I stayed out until slack tide at 0130, ending up with five nice keepers, in part thx to your charity. I appreciate the camaraderie and useful info, see you next season. All honey hole info is safe - Loose tweets sink fleets

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
It was a tough night, tho I may have earned some karma points by releasing two barely legals early on. As it was my last night of the season, I stayed out until slack tide at 0130, ending up with five nice keepers, in part thx to your charity. I appreciate the camaraderie and useful info, see you next season. All honey hole info is safe - Loose tweets sink fleets
That's awesome glad you got them! What's funny is that little spot only went richter with the heavy rain it had always been a ho-hummer but I don't know if the dredge had something to do with it. That whole side of the channel went off but I think it did slow down after a couple of hundred or so were pulled out of there! Too bad you don't have any room for an extra bucket; we put the "Barelys" in there and do a little culling if we can on the last set.

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
And yes that Karma is for real as our set before we passed you the bug was a 0 but the next and final was a 4 spot that topped us off and sent us home

Reactions: JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ