Sep 11, 2009
Insane Empire 909
Name
Mike
Boat
18 foot Parker "Work Boat"
$19 - $24 an hour
Okuma Fishing Tackle – Customer Service Supervisor Job Details

Okuma Fishing Tackle has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Supervisor in Ontario, California. Are you an expert in handling end-to-end Customer Service activities with a focus on maintaining, enhancing and advancing the organization's goals and priorities?

We are looking for a Customer Service Supervisor who is a team player who becomes the trusted partner of both the company executives and employees on issues regarding employee relations, training, coaching, goal setting and so much more.

Okuma Fishing Tackle is an international manufacturer and distributor of a variety of fishing tackle products. Our Ontario, California warehouse is home to our North American distribution center.

Click the link to read more about the Okuma: https://www.okumafishingusa.com/

At Okuma, we take personal and professional development very seriously. We make an ongoing effort to build and develop all of our employees through on-the-job training, courses, workshops, feedback, coaching and other activities. As a member of our team, you will be the key person to support people managers and employees on day-to-day management Customer Service. We offer you an exciting platform to leverage your experience and work on challenging our current customer service staff !!!

*Summary
*We are looking to hire a Customer Service Supervisor to mentor and train our service staff to deliver exceptional customer service. The Customer Service Supervisor will build a strong team and shape staff behaviors to help build and strengthen our company culture and accomplish desired results. This position will play a collaborative role in growing and implementing standards and processes. The Customer Service Supervisor position is responsible for processing parts orders and working with customers on warranty and after service needs, expediting and coordinating flow of work between customer service reps and the repair departments, and reviewing current programs, policies and SOP’s to make sure that employees are following and conforming to company rates, rules, and regulations. This position reports to the Product Development Manager.

Customer Service Supervisor Responsibilities

• Directly supervises seven CSR and Repair/Parts department staff.
  • Oversee and assess the daily work and flow of the customer service staff, and provide them with regular performance-related feedback.
  • Strategize and monitor daily activities of customer service operations.
  • Interviewing, onboarding and training new employees in department
  • Holds monthly 1 to 1 performance appraisals; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
  • Assist companies customer service staff with duties where required.
  • Training staff in areas of customer service and company policies.
  • Provide common message scripts to read from during phone calls
  • Monitor service / warranty fees to ensure staff is compliant in company policies.
  • Negotiate with customers, assess areas of dispute, and determine appropriate course of action based on our policies and procedures in a timely fashion.
  • Assists with building and refining SOP’s and implementation of policies.
  • Maintain documentation pertaining to customer service department activities and provide KPI feedback from CRM software..
  • Create a smooth and consistent workflow between CSR / Repair / Parts
  • Oversee contracts such as Warranty Centers and Authorized Parts Centers
  • Taking calls regarding warranty and after service, parts orders and general product specification / recommendation calls.
  • Responsible for holding weekly department meetings
*Customer Service Supervisor Requirements

• Basic understanding of fishing and fishing tackle
  • 2+ years of work experience in similar position
  • Proficient knowledge of customer service, and standard office practices and procedures.
  • Proficient computer skills
  • Proficient standard office equipment skills.
  • Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
  • Strong people skills.
  • Excellent phone etiquette.
*Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full time position and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm.

*Travel
*Position requires minimal travel

Education/Experience:

• High School Diploma
  • Experience in a leadership role within logistics and warehousing segment
  • Experience in working CRM systems(ZOHO CRM)
  • Familiar with general office and warehouse operations practices
  • Benefits Offered:
  • Employee Paid Healthcare 100% (health, vision, dental)
  • 10 paid holidays
  • 1 week vacation
  • 401K after 1 year of Employment
  • Job Type: Full-time
  • Shift: 1st Shift
Physical Requirements:

The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.

Work Environment:

Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office and occasional warehouse setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Incumbents should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.

Reactions: pacificscout
Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
Wow you expect that level of performance and responsibilities for $24 an hour.... you may not have noticed but McDonalds is paying $19 to flip burgers. When you pay peanuts you get monkeys

My thoughts exactly! Okuma is demanding quite a bit of performance from this individual, but their compensation scale shows a definite lack of consideration for the individual. You want an all-star, then you better be willing to compensate accordingly. The offered pay is not worth the headaches that come with the position!

Upvote 0

vinniethefish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 19, 2016
Cave Creek, AZ
Name
Vince Borrego
Boat
2006 Skeeter
Are there any open positions in IT? (Linux + VMware + Windows + Hybrid Cloud + SAP background) I checked the website and Indeed but can't seem to find the open positions.

Upvote 0

BENNETT

Admiral Muddy Waters
Sep 11, 2009
Insane Empire 909
Name
Mike
Boat
18 foot Parker "Work Boat"
Wow you expect that level of performance and responsibilities for $24 an hour.... you may not have noticed but McDonalds is paying $19 to flip burgers. When you pay peanuts you get monkeys
LOL 19.00 an hour to flip burgers?
upload_2019-4-11_13-7-25.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Crash

Feb 27, 2004
Mountain View CA
Visit site
Name
Robert Young
Boat
20' Skippy
BTW I am in the SF Bay Area min wage is $15.00 here so yeah my numbers are probably larger than in you area. Best of luck with your staffing I know it has become a total nightmare for my company the last 3 or 4 years.I am paying easily 30% more to staff a person compared to 18 months ago.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
From what I know of comparable jobs in other industries that actually is about right. Especially since it also lists commisions as an extra. Oh and every mcdonalds drive through I go through for my kids happy meal the sign on the windows have starting pay somewhere between 11 and 13 dollars an hour for the bottom end employees.

Upvote 0