Elliott Bay Shrimp

thumbburner

Jun 28, 2014
Name
Stan Prescott
Boat
542 Campion
Launched the boat today to beat the crowd at the ramp tomorrow. Looks like the Mukleshoot tribal fishermen have beat us to the punch. Saw several long strings of pots in the bay. Why do we always get seconds?

Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Tribe fishery or not you would have to be pretty weak at shrimping not to get limits Saturday in the bay.

thumbburner

Jun 28, 2014
Name
Stan Prescott
Boat
542 Campion
FYI WDFW was issuing tickets for dumping pot contents into bucket with water and not counting out of the pot. A friend had 26 over limit (two people) in the bucket and was counting and putting them in ziplocks when WDFW boarded. WDFW counted and issued ticket.
The shrimp were still alive in the bucket and extras could have been returned to the sound!

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbersPNW

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
If true, I’d like to know the names of the LEs. That would be chicken shit of them.

EJ Swanny

Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
FYI WDFW was issuing tickets for dumping pot contents into bucket with water and not counting out of the pot. A friend had 26 over limit (two people) in the bucket and was counting and putting them in ziplocks when WDFW boarded. WDFW counted and issued ticket.
The shrimp were still alive in the bucket and extras could have been returned to the sound!
Fukn unbelievable...chicken-shit ticket for 26 shrimp...that will get rail -dumped...how is one supposed to count their shrimp in the pot when they are flopping around? There are poachers out there taking 26,000 shrimp. Man that is bad PR for the WDFW IMO....

Seahusky

Mar 19, 2019
Sequim, Washington State.
Name
Seahusky
Boat
Hewescraft Ocean Pro
It use to be that way for Dungeness Crab too. Now the tribes and commercials have killed the fishery. So yes, we always get seconds.
Yep, I live right in front of Protection Island and the Tribes and Commercials have hammered it non stop all year round. They practically had their pots right on the beach at Protection Island in front of the seals. There's a 250 yard exclusion around it but they don't give a s**t.
I'm not going to waste my time crab fishing this year!

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
[QUOTE="thumbburner, post: 4836967, Why do we always get seconds?[/QUOTE]

If you dont really know why then try this...
go to mirror...stare at yourself ...pick up hand gun and spare the rest of us your voting record anymore.

kenzmad

Jan 18, 2011
kent,wa
www.jamiesseptic.com
Name
jamie
Boat
nwj 218 lightning
[QUOTE="thumbburner, post: 4836967, Why do we always get seconds?
go to mirror...stare at yourself ...pick up hand gun and spare the rest of us your voting record anymore.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is wrong with you?

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
go to mirror...stare at yourself ...pick up hand gun and spare the rest of us your voting record anymore.
What the fuck is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

nothing that a change of who runs oregon California and Washington wont cure....I take it that Hillary is your girlfriend and fauxahontas is your side slut

EJ Swanny

Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney

nothing that a change of who runs oregon California and Washington wont cure....I take it that Hillary is your girlfriend and fauxahontas is your side slut[/QUOTE]

Funny Jamie....I was going to post the EXACT same reply....

doug....go away, you're an ass-hat and an annoyance..I feel sorry for you.

Back to shrimping...anyone have results on Hood Canal shrimping? Was it worse/better/about average this year?
Thinking about hitting it 06/01....

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
nothing that a change of who runs oregon California and Washington wont cure....I take it that Hillary is your girlfriend and fauxahontas is your side slut[/QUOTE]

Back to shrimping...anyone have results on Hood Canal shrimping? Was it worse/better/about average this year?
Thinking about hitting it 06/01....[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for those who ignore the results of who they vote for....but I feel even sorrier for those that understand then vote to change things and are out numbered by you two.

robodad

BullShitoligest
Mar 5, 2012
Port Angeles
Name
Allen
Boat
26' Olympic XLF
I feel sorry for those who ignore the results of who they vote for....but I feel even sorrier for those that understand then vote to change things and are out numbered by you two.
I have to say that you are a pretty poor representative of the party you voted for acting like this. Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself if that's what you really meant to say !

Reactions: troller w

waldocod

Mar 27, 2007
Washington
Name
Steve
Boat
Arima Sea Legend

We did well in the Canal on Saturday. 4 limits in 3 pots. Fished pretty shallow... 170’ to 190’.On Wednesday,I heard varying reports of great to not so good. We got limits for 4... a limit each in the first 2 pots, scratched another limit in the next 2 pots and then the last limit in the 5th pot. 220’ to 270’. Current started ripping and made it a little challenging but we ended up fine.

Reactions: EJ Swanny

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
nothing that a change of who runs oregon California and Washington wont cure....I take it that Hillary is your girlfriend and fauxahontas is your side slut

We did well in the Canal on Saturday. 4 limits in 3 pots. Fished pretty shallow... 170’ to 190’.On Wednesday,I heard varying reports of great to not so good. We got limits for 4... a limit each in the first 2 pots, scratched another limit in the next 2 pots and then the last limit in the 5th pot. 220’ to 270’. Current started ripping and made it a little challenging but we ended up fine.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the OP shrimp was part of the equation but he asked why are we always getting leftovers?
So the politics of that quest while nothing to do with shrimp are none the less relevant ant.
But to be magnanimous with the Indians and you people that look for people that Empower them to take your resources at a higher rate let's give them this.
Allow the Native Americans to take any resource they want during any Open Season and even beforehand but they have to do it with the technology they had before Europeans showed up no motor boats no steel no aluminum nothing from the 20th century or 21st and in that way you allow them to do what they used to do without the interference of the Europeans that supposedly took it all away from them and we'll see just how much the fishery improves

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy

Thinking about hitting it 06/01....
We did well in the Canal on Saturday. 4 limits in 3 pots. Fished pretty shallow... 170’ to 190’.On Wednesday,I heard varying reports of great to not so good. We got limits for 4... a limit each in the first 2 pots, scratched another limit in the next 2 pots and then the last limit in the 5th pot. 220’ to 270’. Current started ripping and made it a little challenging but we ended up fine.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the OP shrimp was part of the equation but he asked why are we always getting leftovers?
So the politics of that quest while nothing to do with shrimp are none the less relevant ant.
But to be magnanimous with the Indians and you people that look for people that Empower them to take your resources at a higher rate let's give them this.
Allow the Native Americans to take any resource they want during any Open Season and even beforehand but they have to do it with the technology they had before Europeans showed up no motor boats no steel no aluminum nothing from the 20th century or 21st and in that way you allow them to do what they used to do without the interference of the Europeans that supposedly took it all away from them and we'll see just how much the fishery improves[/QUOTE]

And you know how the OP voted and everything about the Boldt decision? I don’t know the OP from Adam. Either way, your initial response struck me as a dick response too. But, it’s a free world and anyone can say whatever ignorant shit they want.

ledbed6b

Jun 21, 2010
Shoreline WA
Name
Eli
Boat
Parker 2320
I'm just going to come out and say it, the person who fixes all the quotes in this thread is the real MVP, I have no idea who is saying what!

Reactions: Corey G

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
And you know how the OP voted and everything about the Boldt decision? I don’t know the OP from Adam. Either way, your initial response struck me as a dick response too. But, it’s a free world and anyone can say whatever ignorant shit they want.[/QUOTE]

so are you a dick when you dont actually read and understand what is written and just jump to conclusions.
the boldt decision giving 50 % of the catch rights isnt the problem ....the question was why do we get seconds and THAT has to do with how the quotas are implemented.those implementations have been administered by appointed fisheries management....and if you are voting for those doing the appointing do you think their political affiliations and policies dont matter?