Tranquility

Tranquility
Mar 13, 2004
Calif
Name
Bryan
Boat
Century 3200WA
I’m looking to upgrade my electronics soon. Any recommendations for purchase and install? The boat is located in Alamitos Bay. Open to ideas as far a which manufacture to use. I currently have Raymarine and could use my current radar if I stick with Raymarine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alex88

May 15, 2006
Oakland
Name
Alex
Boat
2003 Robalo R235
I’m a Simrad fan boy but Furuno, Simrad and Garmin are all great units. Ray marine in the past was flat out horrible but can’t comment on their new units as they have made leaps and bounds improving them, just have zero seat time with them so can’t comment personally.

Airmar transducers are a must with whatever you chose, Garmin won’t let Navionics or any other third party mapping run on their systems, but they purchased Navionics a little ways back and their cards have pretty much equal mapping now, just have to buy their cards.

best thing to do is go to WM and play with the display models. See which ones are the most intuitive for you switching between screens, drop down menus and what not.

Upvote 0

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
Brookings, Southern Oregon
Name
Chris
Boat
21 Arima Ranger 'HogFish'
If you are looking to upgrade then maybe look at doing the same to your radar and going for latest gen. They are pretty neat and draw little juice.

Reactions: Tranquility
Upvote 0

irob2

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
To start their GPS is not accurate due to loosing a satellite

Upvote 0

a7ewizard

Almost A Member
Jun 4, 2009
SAN RAFAEL,CA USA
Name
WARREN WEISENBURG
Boat
251,PRO-LINE, WIZARD
I've been running an Axiom9rv for the last 4 years. I don't recall ever losing GPS position. First edition with internal antenna.
I also run an A78 and A50d on a different boat. One or the other occasionally drops position but quickly requires. Since those units are obsolete, that point is moot.
I would go with an Axiom model if it is compatible with your current radar. If thinking of adding auto pilot, the Evolution line are terrific.
All Raymarine components are upgradable via Axiom when networked together.

Reactions: Tranquility
Upvote 0

Latest posts