Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
There is more than one way to skin a cat and the same thing goes for battery connections. Here's an example of someone thinking outside the box.

Saw this fine vessel full of engineering marvels tied up to the launch next to me today.

20210605_075148.jpg

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
The oily rag next to the battery is great for catching sparks. Not sure what that wood bracket with a hole is???? Those splice jobs are interesting...

Reactions: Captain Decent
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Awesome. I’m sure he’s not heating up the marina either. Hahaha.

Upvote 0

ShadowX

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect!

What can possible go wrong with this setup on an aluminum boat? Who needs a battery strap when you have shag carpet?

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Vise grip garage style. Well I’ll be dipped, I got that little devil put together just in time to go have some cold snacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Peddler
Upvote 0

Baby J

Grady prick in training
  • Jul 28, 2017
    Graham, WA
    Name
    Jeremy
    Boat
    Grady White 265 Express Walkaround
    I towed a group of guys in that were dead in the water ten miles off shore last year. They had no battery at all in the boat. They had one of those Harbor Freight jump starters in the boat with the jumper cables clamped to the battery cables. I try not to judge but that is just way outa pocket for fishing offshore in my opinion. One of the the guys had the nerve to ask me to take my MAGA hat off while I was hooking up the tow rope. Lucky for them my wife convinced me to respect the code and not leave another boater stranded.

Last edited: