PENN

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    Wind was up so the initial trip for 4/10 got canceled. There was room on the 4/11 trip so I hopped on that one. Before check in grabbed some dinner at Berth 55 fish market and opted for the tried and true fish, shrimp and chips and a Modelo Chelada. Berth 55 is like a poor man’s Mitch’s and bit grimy.. but the food is really fresh. This cost 9 bucks.. was pretty good.

6851725C-EB3B-4455-9086-99CFB1680449.jpeg

Captain said we may have chance for San Nic but it was doubtful and the likely scenario would be SBI. Woke up just outside SBI and started fishing around 6am. It was wide open reds and we had to stop at 8:30 am since we limited on the vermilions. Captain Jeff stayed another 3hrs so we could limit out on the whitefish.. or close to it. Sorry no action pics but here the day’s haul for me.

58E410DA-E206-4508-BD3E-6330C93C7248.jpeg

Not too sure if this is PC, but the boat just got repowered with brand spanking new twin John Deere’s. A great operation just got even better.

E9BFD446-49F5-4838-96D5-8C27BA0B133D.jpeg

Captain Jeff and crew (Greg, Bill and Mike) are just awesome, and Brian made a great Bacon, Egg & Cheese breakfast sandwich, and a superb Bacon Cheeseburger for lunch.

For me and overnight trip in the LA/OC area, you can’t beat the Eldorado. They are the only ones that make the trek out to San Nicolas regularly (weather permitting), great
    Captain & crew, hassle free parking, and a good place to grab a bite before departing.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    I have yet to fish the El Dorado, but I’ve heard good things from buddies that have. I agree with you on the berth 55 grub. Good shit, but the place is old school funky. I kinda like it

Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    I have yet to fish the El Dorado, but I’ve heard good things from buddies that have. I agree with you on the berth 55 grub. Good shit, but the place is old school funky. I kinda like it

Yeah, reminds me of the fish markets in redondo & la harbor.. older and fishy. Great place to eat while waiting for the sport boat to depart after checking in.

Reactions: Arima-bob
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
    Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great Report and great to see Eldorado back on the water.
    That boat is fishy, many days spent, tuna to lingcod on it. LOL

Reactions: chilidip
    Upvote 0

Eric Ancog

Almost A Member
  • Mar 3, 2018
    Lakewood
    Name
    Eric Ancog
    Boat
    Independence, Shogun, Red Rooster III
    Wind was up so the initial trip for 4/10 got canceled. There was room on the 4/11 trip so I hopped on that one. Before check in grabbed some dinner at Berth 55 fish market and opted for the tried and true fish, shrimp and chips and a Modelo Chelada. Berth 55 is like a poor man’s Mitch’s and bit grimy.. but the food is really fresh. This cost 9 bucks.. was pretty good.

View attachment 1271293

Captain said we may have chance for San Nic but it was doubtful and the likely scenario would be SBI. Woke up just outside SBI and started fishing around 6am. It was wide open reds and we had to stop at 8:30 am since we limited on the vermilions. Captain Jeff stayed another 3hrs so we could limit out on the whitefish.. or close to it. Sorry no action pics but here the day’s haul for me.

View attachment 1271295

Not too sure if this is PC, but the boat just got repowered with brand spanking new twin John Deere’s. A great operation just got even better.

View attachment 1271296

Captain Jeff and crew (Greg, Bill and Mike) are just awesome, and Brian made a great Bacon, Egg & Cheese breakfast sandwich, and a superb Bacon Cheeseburger for lunch.

For me and overnight trip in the LA/OC area, you can’t beat the Eldorado. They are the only ones that make the trek out to San Nicolas regularly (weather permitting), great
    Captain & crew, hassle free parking, and a good place to grab a bite before departing.

Thanks for the report! Definetly agree Berth 55 is a poor man's Mitch's. LOL But the food is pretty good.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport

View attachment 1271293

View attachment 1271295

View attachment 1271296

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport

View attachment 1271293

View attachment 1271295

View attachment 1271296

Looks Like he has better fishing for the reds and look bigger than he does going to nick. Hell of a price for that dinner!

Reactions: chilidip
    Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    Looks Like he has better fishing for the reds and look bigger than he does going to nick. Hell of a price for that dinner!

yeah, at nick they start with the whitefish then move outside the for swrf. Monster rockfish at San Nic but the action was fast and furious for the reds at SBI. Yeah crazy prices for the grub.. about the price of a Big Mac meal 🤣

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0