Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
You expect people to chip in on Slip, towing, insurance, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades? What ever happened to fuel, bait and cleaning??

miaf

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
A lot of the list is common sense. I do have a question about rule #28. Do I have to wait for you to catch a fish first, before I can drop a line in the water?:):):)

gnehekul

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Should have turned around and done the right thing

You forgot the "NO HOLLERING, EVER!!!" rule.

This usually prevents Poach Pirates from invading your chum line.*
* Not always 100% effective.

Cleaning up afterwards should be mandatory.

I once let a friend insist we leave to pick up his daughter from school. I only needed a couple of minutes to rinse the hoopnets.

The host said it was not a problem and gave me half a seabass and a limit of bugs before we left them to finish the post trip cleanup duties.

Halfways down the street my friend says he just wanted to get out of there quick and didn't actually need to pick up anyone. He thought he was doing me a favor!

I have not been invited back on that boat.

This was a real bummer because the boats owner taught me about fishing seabass and hooping at Catalina. He was also the person who put me on my 1st Yellowtails, my 1st Albacores and my first DoDo's in Mexican waters.

I really wanted to learn as much as I could from him about Hali fishing because his photo album was loaded with really big flatty pics along with big yellows and seabass.

I never got a chance and I believe it was due to our early departure that day.

I don't let that happen anymore. I always do extra when cleaning and I make sure to ask if there is more that I can do to help before leaving.

Reactions: sueno

gnehekul

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
I needed the ride and was not in a position to argue the point. I no longer hang out with the person, so that should calm you down.
I'm not too excited but with a response like that maybe that's why you didn't get invited back.... not just for flaking on doing your job o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: CartridgeCalls

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Please tell me you are not serious about that list.. LOL
I am really hoping it's a joke as well. I have always wanted to fish with him based on his instagram posts, but good lord he has more rules than my wife..

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
There is nothing wrong with your rules, they seem like common sense expectations you shouldn't have to write down to me, BUT there is nothing wrong writing them for those who lack in common sense and common courtesy. it is missing the ones that i have that seem to be the biggest problem people have with the rules... no smoking,no drugs, no alcohol and don't put your fucking hands in my bait tank.
i was fishing with someone else on his boat and he got a fish and as soon as his top shot hit the reel he couldn't get it any higher and it would make another run. He told everyone to stay out of the water till he got this fish in, it was kicking his ass and he asked me if i wanted to take a turn on it, I said no ( I don't play that game, I will hook a fish and hand it off but if i am on it and i can't hang then the fish earned it's freedom and i will break it off. ) So he and one of the other guys would trade off on it.. same thing every time, as soon as the top shot it the reel that was it they couldn't get it up any further. After about an hour he looked at me and said, " What do you think?" I said " we have fish boiling all around the boat and I'm watching instead of fishing, that's what I think". Hey he asked! He said yeah your right, go ahead and get a line in the water just keep the fish on that side of the boat. I fish with some light gear and i can't control where the fish is going to go so if it started to head in there direction i would just thumb the spool and re-tie. I went 3 for 7 and they went 0 for 1.. I still offered to give them an equal share of what i caught, the other guy only caught 2 and didn't offer to split his. If your on someone else's boat you go with their rules or you don't go... pretty basic to me. AND no I have never asked anyone to stay out of the water BUT I have a 20K investment with on going expensive up keep and maintenance so i can go do what i am offering to them for half the cost of bait and gas so if they don't like the rules.... fuck em.
There is a difference between splitting the cost of the gas, bait, and ice and splitting the cost of the trip too.

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Sorry I almost forgot... MERRY CHRISTMAS and may you catch more and bigger fish next year than you did this year.

Reactions: sueno

Paddyman1

A mossback is better than a hairy back
Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
You run a tight ship, Doug.

Thank goodness cleaning out the porta-poddy wasn't on there.

Buena Suerte!

Reactions: clevel