EL NINO 2017? MAYBE ANOTHER GREAT YEAR!

DHSDave

Jan 17, 2007
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Grady-White 208 Adventure
I don't want to seem too naive or optimistic, but about the Bluefin. Back in the Zane Grey days they were here virtually every year and were monsters.

I am thinking, maybe wishing, that the regulations, reduced seasons, maybe, just maybe, is helping. Could just be dreaming.
I don't see those days coming back anytime soon. While the catch quotas on BFT have been reduced, the Japanese are decimating the BFT spawning grounds every year. Sucks for us and for the future of a robust recovery.

Reactions: maurice escobedo

maurice escobedo

Counselor
Oct 25, 2016
Bakersfield
Name
Esteban
Boat
24' Wellcraft air slot
N
I don't see those days coming back anytime soon. While the catch quotas on BFT have been reduced, the Japanese are decimating the BFT spawning grounds every year. Sucks for us and for the future of a robust recovery.
no shit. Seems there's no stopping them. Sad reality.
The poaching in the Mediterranean to the decemation of spawning grounds. Sad state of affairs.

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
N

no shit. Seems there's no stopping them. Sad reality.
The poaching in the Mediterranean to the decemation of spawning grounds. Sad state of affairs.
Absolutely zero issue in the Atlantic. Spawning bio-mass is 585,000mt threshold is 300,000mt. Stock is double what it was in 1950.

They curbed illegal fishing in Mediterranean about 10 years ago and that was that.

Just need similar efforts in the Pacfic with set international quotas that are followed.

Hate when people use an issue with one stock to say everything is a problem. That's PEW's favorite tactic.

Dozeroperator

Aug 28, 2010
Temecula, Ca
does anyone think said blob could be all the Fukushima stuff? I dunno.
Or is it just the heat from the equator pushing up?
I have been asking the same question with no answers. The fact that the Fukushima event is still ongoing (300+ tons of highly radioactive water still being discharged) and no end in sight tells me this has more to do with "the blob" than global warming

Paul Ward

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Fishingguy led the parade out of the gate. We didn't land a tuna till August. Happy with what we got though

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
I have been asking the same question with no answers. The fact that the Fukushima event is still ongoing (300+ tons of highly radioactive water still being discharged) and no end in sight tells me this has more to do with "the blob" than global warming

Hahahahahaha

Just like BP oil spill destroyed the gulf stock (which is fine). Might want to google Fukushima and SNOPES.

Dozeroperator

Aug 28, 2010
Temecula, Ca
Hahahahahaha

Just like BP oil spill destroyed the gulf stock (which is fine). Might want to google Fukushima and SNOPES.
I don't trust SNOPES as it is funded by George Soros. I prefer to research several sources from UCLA & Stanford plus read and study the raw weather bouy date. Finally while the BP Oil spill was a disaster not unlike the Exxon Valdez. Both of those were contained and cleanup was able to take place. Fukushima is still ongoing and the effects are unknown

reelbadlarry

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 25, 2005
socal
Name
Larry
Boat
23ft parker, reel bad
I bought an alby set up in 83 and didn't catch one till like 2000....I think there might be some cycles working out there...kind of like the sardines in Monterey...and then boom gone....

Reactions: Dozeroperator